Marketing Director (1 Year Contract)
The Marketing Director is accountable to the General Manager for developing and implementing a marketing strategy and program for a small to medium sized retail property designed to enhance the public image of the shopping centre, increase both foot traffic and sales within the retail property.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Marketing Plan: Develops (in consultation with tenants, management and investors), implements and monitors a Marketing Plan, including advertising campaigns and special events, for the shopping centre designed to enhance the public’s perception of the centre and increase foot traffic of customers in the centre.
- Budgeting and Reforecasting: Develops, recommends, monitors and regularly reports on the Marketing Budget for the centre, as part of the overall budgeting process, to ensure that the Marketing Plan has enough resources allocated to it to be successful, and that those resources are being used effectively.
- Marketing Research: Gathers, through various means, and analyzes demographic, market, and customer data to determine available customer base and target markets which will be used in the development, or alteration of the Marketing Plan for the centre.
- Third Party Contracts: Sources, selects, and oversees the relationships with multiple external agencies (e.g. advertising firms, public relations companies, media outlets, etc) and relevant charitable organizations (local and national) to ensure the elements of the Marketing Plan are delivered on in a cost effective manner and effectively communicated.
- Oversight of Guest Services: Manages the Guest Services function of the shopping centre, typically through a Guest Services Supervisor, to maintain positive customer and tenant relations through provided services (e.g. Mall Gift Cards, Stroller Rentals) and answering information requests.
- Special Events: Plans, communicates and coordinates (with security, operations and external parties) special events (e.g. car shows, fashion shows, sidewalk sales) and seasonal decorating/services in the shopping centre as defined in the Marketing Plan in order to attract customers to the centre.
- Post-Event Analysis: Coordinates efforts with Specialty Leasing to identify and capitalize on revenue opportunities resulting from events (e.g. sponsorship opportunities, sidewalk sale leases, etc.) in order to enhance the revenues of the centre.
Any other job related duties and/or projects that may be assigned.
Skills, Knowledge, Experience and Education
- College diploma in related field (e.g. marketing, public relations) or equivalent
- 2 years of relevant retail marketing experience
- Good Skills with Relevant Computer Software (e.g. Microsoft Office, etc.).
- Excellent interpersonal Skills
- Strong presentation Skills
- Good organizational Skills.
- Project Management experience is an asset
- Professional Marketing Designation is an asset.