BCIC develops entrepreneurial talent and commercializes technology making BC a great place to start and grow technology companies. BCIC focuses on competitively positioning BC in today's global knowledge economy in order to provide significant employment opportunities and a high standard of living for British Columbians.
BCIC has an opening for a Marketing and Design Specialist ‐ a keen and resourceful technical marketer and creative thinker with interests in technology and innovation. The successful applicant will have demonstrated skills in online content management, graphic design, social media, writing, event management and so much more!
• Works closely with team members to support the delivery and promotion of BCIC programs and initiatives and those of BCIC's partner industry associations, universities and regional science and technology councils.
• Responsible for maintaining content and navigation on multiple websites and overseeing the management of third‐party IT teams.
• Promotes and implements ongoing enhancements to BCIC's websites and online and social media strategy, including site optimization, plug‐ins, SEO strategies and analytics.
• Responsible for the organization’s Twitter, blog, Facebook, Flickr and YouTube accounts.
• Leads the design and production of brochures, reports, advertisements, marketing materials, stationery, etc.
• Creates and distributes monthly e‐newsletters and email blasts.
• Manages the creation of videos and edits videos for online and social media marketing.
• Provides major event support in areas including logistics, photography, videography, social media and online
• Writing and editing of blog posts, success stories and other communication as needed.
• Oversees the brand management of BCIC – including logos and online presence.
• Provide online marketing and graphic design support to partner organizations.
Skills and Experience:
• Minimum three years of related marketing (print and online), social media, event and graphic design experience.
• Has excellent verbal, written communication and research skills.
• Strong eye for graphic design with solid knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator,
etc.) and print production.
• HTML skills, as well proficiency in common web languages (HTML, CSS and RSS), content management
systems (Drupal, Joomla, Wordpress) and web authoring software (Dreamweaver).
• Event organization experience an asset (ranges from coordinating speaking opportunities to trade shows
participation to networking conferences).
• Excellent organizational and project management skills, ability to multi‐task and work under deadline with strong attention to detail.
• Advanced knowledge of MS Office software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.)