Can you take boring copy and make it compelling, no matter what the subject matter? Do you work magic to tell a story clearly, concisely, and with a real understanding of the audience needs? BuildDirect is transforming the building materials industry and we are looking for a marketing copywriter to transform our content.
The Marketing Copywriter, is a member of the inbound marketing team with the responsibility of crafting key messages for various communications vehicles, consistent with BuildDirect’s brand and strategic initiatives. Emphasis will be on marketing communication/promotional writing, advertising, and writing for the web. Reporting to the Content Marketing Manager, The Marketing Copywriter will be responsible for executing content marketing initiatives across various web properties and channels.
- Assist in the development of outstanding content for advertising, email, web, video and multi-media, digital display, and any other formats as needed
- Write clear, detailed and accurate product specific copy
- Develop promotional messaging that supports strategic goals and is consistent with brand voice and standards
- Provide editorial support (proof and edit) for content submissions from external vendors and contractors
- Coordinate and ensure timely publication of content
- Assist in the development and maintenance of editorial calendar
- Manage content publication through various CMS platforms as required
- Support integrated marketing efforts from a copywriting perspective
Expected Outcomes in First Year:
- Maintain production volume of content marketing pieces at or above target
- Maintain TCE (Task Completion Effectiveness) rate at or above target
- Assist in increasing incremental ROI (year 1):
- 6000 samples
- Approximately $1.8 million in revenue
Desired Skills & Experience:
- 3 years copywriting experience, 1+ year experience in copywriting for the web
- High levels of integrity and a commitment to do what you say you are going to do.
- Advanced copywriting, proofreading and editing skills
- Strong understanding of promotion and marketing strategies
- Strong understanding of search engine optimization, email subject lines, calls to action, etc.
- Basic knowledge of HTML and web standards, with experience working within CMS platforms (i.e. Wordpress)
- Highly organized and able to work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Self-starter with ability to manage multiple projects and prioritize tasks
- Strong entrepreneurial spirit and a desire to continuously learn and improve
- Well-developed empathy and the ability to see and understand other perspectives
- Working knowledge of user experience and information architecture an asset
- Bachelor degree in Marketing, Copywriting, English, or Communications