# of openings:
Huawei Technologies Vision is to ‘enrich life through communication’. This is achieved with keen focus on our customers' market challenges and needs, providing excellent communications network solutions and services in order to consistently create maximum value for customers.
Be part of the growing Device line of business at HUAWEI and earn an opportunity to shape the way Canadians view and interact with technology. Our products include Smart Phones, Mobile Internet Devices, and Home Devices with plans for leading edge innovation along all product lines.
At present we have an exciting opportunity for Marketing Coordinator based in Markham, ON, Canada. This position will start with a 1-year contract and is renewable upon successful performance review with opportunity for a permanent offer.
The Marketing Coordinator will be responsible for executing all marketing activities including regional and national promotions, programs and events. These responsibilities will include ensuring that Carrier marketing promotions and programs are executed on the frontline level within the carrier channels by translating plans into measurable actions. The Marketing Coordinator will also be responsible for performing all marketing-specific administrative duties such as payment, sourcing and internal approval processing.
- Obtain quotes from multiple vendors to select a vendor for each necessary function in support of the event (E.g. venue, catering, entertainment, etc.)
- Manage vendor relationships and process legal agreements and invoices
- Plan and manage the execution on-site for local and multi-city carrier and branding events
- Report on the results of each event according to pre-determined evaluation criteria
- Gather necessary information to fulfill training requirements
- Develop professional and engaging training material (E.g. sales sheets, training presentations etc.)
- Plan and conduct training sessions (E.g. tele conference, web-based training, live training sessions etc.)
- Schedule and conduct store visits to ensure ongoing training support
- Report on training sessions and store-visit findings
- Work in conjunction with carrier and retail partners to develop integrated marketing campaigns to promote Huawei products
- Create and execute carrier marketing activities through setting project milestones, involving key stakeholders and reporting
- Develop and execute unique incentive programs with channel partners while measuring success of each program
- Planning and conducting market research projects
- Executing social media outreach plan
Administrative Marketing Duties
The successful candidate must have the diligent attention to detail required to execute administrative marketing duties in support of all marketing activities. These administrative duties will include:
- Maintain record of vendors and quotes
- Maintain expense records for all marketing activities
- Maintain legal document records (E.g. vendor agreements, carrier marketing activity agreements, payment confirmations etc.,)
- Process internal approvals for device and merchandise procurement, vendor acceptance, and marketing activity acceptance
Knowledge, Skills and Experience required:
- Bachelor Degree in Business, Marketing, Public Relations, Design or equivalent
- Minimum 2-3 years of relevant marketing experience in telecommunications/high tech OEM's and 1-3 years of experience in telecom working at retail or at channels
- Excellent writtern and verbal communication skills
- Excellent presentation skills
- Strong knowledge of MS Office (Word, PowerPoint, and Excel)
- Experience with Adobe Photoshop, Adobe InDesign, Adobe Illustrator an asset
- Ability to work on multiple tasks at the same time and prioritize them accordingly
- Self-starter, capable of taking initiative to identify & resolve problems, and improve work environment
- Ability to travel approximately 25%-50% of the time
- Ability to meet physical demands and perform event setup and take down of display tables, signage and other items as necessary
- Bilingual English & Mandarin
We thank all candidates for their interest in a career with Huawei Technologies; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Why work for us?
Named by Fast Company Magazine as one of the 5 most innovative technology companies in the world, Huawei Technologies provides working climate that promotes high-performance through:
- clarity of organizational and individual goals, and commitment to achieve the goals
- setting high performance standards and empowering employees to take responsibility for their work
- recognizing successful achievement of individual and team goals
- encouraging teamwork at every level, to ensure we accelerate productivity
Huawei Technologies Canada Co., Ltd. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We thank all applicants for interest in career opportunities with Huawei; only selected candidates will be contacted for interview.