This is a one-year maternity leave contract position, starting March 1, 2015.
In our Marketing department the Marketing Coordinator is the proverbial straw that stirs the drink. She is responsible for quality delivery of all department deliverables and initiatives, including trade shows, web campaigns, content marketing, marketing collateral and research projects. As well, she supports the marketing team to develop and implement the departmental and corporate strategy through planning, collecting, analyzing and preparing data and analytics; tracking and evaluating campaign performance, and managing communications. The Marketing Coordinator keeps everyone in Marketing on their toes.
- Assist in the implementation of strategic marketing plans, campaigns, programs and initiatives to support the business goals and objectives.
- Support market research and assessments by assembling, organizing and reviewing data and trends.
- Administer marketing / sales automation processes and Salesforce CRM.
- Oversee all web programs including SEM / SEO.
- Content marketing development and management.
- Track related metrics and data, and prepare reports on the status of all marketing programs and initiatives to senior management.
- Assist to develop and maintain the company’s marketing media including digital, video and social.
- Plan and organize promotional presentations. Keep and update promotional materials ready and manage inventorying of required stock.
- Research and update competitive products by identifying and evaluating product characteristics, market share, pricing, and advertising; maintaining research databases.
- Support sales staff by providing sales data, market trends, forecasts, account analyses, and new product information.
- Plan, coordinate and attend meetings and trade shows; establish contacts; develop and update schedules and calendars; coordinate mailing lists.
- Coordinate internal and external communications about events, products, thought leadership, etc.
- Monitor and advise on budgets for sales and marketing including forecast and tracking actual results with plans and forecasts.
Critical Success Factors:
- You’re a doer. You don’t have to be asked when you’ll get things done.
- You have the chops to direct the department’s activities and to take responsibility for the department’s deliverables.
- You’re an obsessive note taker and list maker, so nothing falls off the rails.
- You’re willing to figure things out on your own, but are a strong team player.
- You’re savvy about marketing, technology and social media trends.
- You have strong planning and organizational skills with an eye for detail.
- You can be fully trained on all applicable Helm products and tools that have been assigned to you.
- You have a desire to be knowledgeable about our customers in the workboat industry and their sub-verticals, such as Harbor Services, Inland Barging, Offshore Supply and Coastal Barging.
- You’re goal-oriented and have a desire to achieve stated objectives and KPIs.
- You can laugh at yourself and with others.
- You will support Helm’s culture of fun, resourcefulness, teamwork, humility, respect, and commitment and participate in company events, when possible.
- A post-secondary degree in marketing/communications or equivalent.
- 2-3 years of experience supporting marketing, sales, trade show and/or event planning.
- Proven proficiency with MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint).
- Salesforce or alternate CRM experience considered an asset.
- B2B experience is considered an asset.
- Understanding and some experience in market research and reporting.
- Strong marketing, technology and social media acumen.
- Excellent writing and verbal communication skills.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Ability to set priorities and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Interpersonal skills to work as part of a team and supporting customers.