Marketing Coordinator - 1 Year Contract
KPMG LLP is the Canadian member firm of KPMG, a global network of professional firms providing Audit, Tax, and Advisory services. We operate in 144 countries and have more than 104,000 professionals working in member firms around the world.
The independent member firms of the KPMG network are affiliated with KPMG International, a Swiss cooperative. KPMG International provides no client services.
The principal activities of Sales and Marketing include industry and field marketing, sales, research, branding, communications, creative services, public and media relations, sponsorships and events, proposals, and contact and relationship management services.
KPMG Professionals Are...
Individuals who take deep personal accountability for their work, have a passion for excellence, driven to achieve their full potential and understand the value of building relationships with clients, future clients, their communities, the global firm and each other. A KPMG professional should have all the following characteristics:
- Strong work ethic
- Thrive on challenges
- Dedicated to providing outstanding client service.
As part of the GVA Marketing Team, the Marketing Coordinator will report to a Marketing Manager, and will assist in implementing marketing strategies by supporting specific projects and tasks arising out of the overall marketing plan. The primary role of this position is to support Marketing Managers with event planning and sponsorship support. The Coordinator will also support a range of tactics from CRM system management to key account coordination.
What You Can Expect in this Role
The successful candidate will:
- Coordinate the planning and execution of various types of events including, but not limited to, coordination of logistics, sourcing and managing venues, creating and tracking invitations, coordinating event materials and supplies, coordinating speakers, food and beverage, audio visual, negotiating contracts and creation of debrief reports.
- Utilize SAP-based CRM system on a regular basis to help manage contact distribution lists for events and other campaigns
- Assist in developing invitations and other e-communications for events and other campaigns using an online platform
- Support the key account teams with industry and company updates, analysis, and CRM database updates/mining.
- Work with Marketing Managers to focus existing marketing programs on key accounts and support them in leveraging key account tools within their portfolios.
- Work with Marketing Managers to gather materials necessary to develop and produce presentations, fact sheets and other marketing collateral, as required. Liaise with Graphic Designers, as required.
- KPMG offers a variety of comprehensive benefit packages in order to meet the diverse needs of our members – at varying stages of their lives.
- The Firm provides various “People Matters” programs including personal care time, fitness reimbursement, concierge service, and backup care for family members to help firm members improve the balance in their lives and enhance their knowledge or skills.
- Eligible firm members receive an annual bonus, based on firm, team, and individual success.
- As a Firm, we are committed to the individual growth of our members and provide support through semi-annual performance reviews.
- At times, business needs arise and employees are required and agree to work beyond their normal work day or work week to fulfill the accountabilities required for their job. Likewise, people need extra time to devote to personal matters, and our approach to flexibility provides for this.
What You Bring to KPMG
A successful candidate will possess the following skills and behaviours:
- 1+ years’ experience in marketing, event or sales support. Experience within a professional services firm considered a strong asset.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing / Business.
- Must have proven ability to work in a fast paced, demanding environment and must possess a demonstrated sense of urgency.
- Analytical skill-orientation.
- End-to-end event management experience.
- Experience using SAP based CRM systems desirable but not required.
- Experience using web-based event/invitation management systems desirable but not required.
- Experience in account coordination/account development an asset.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Superior interpersonal skills and ability to work closely with Senior C-Level Executives. Ability to be assertive and persistent.
- Excellent project management/organizational skills, attention to detail and the ability to coordinate people and projects and to prioritize and multi task.
- Ability to work with a variety of people, both independently and as part of a team is essential. Strong client service orientation a must.
- Willingness to learn and develop new skills.
- Proficient with MS Office including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.