Today, Zipcar provides hundreds of thousands of people with a viable alternative to traditional car ownership, saving them money, time and headaches. Around the world—from coast to coast, across Canada, the UK, and college campuses in between—people are making the decision to live car free and enjoying the convenience and environmental benefits of having “wheels when you want them”.
As we continue to grow our operations, we’re looking for talented, passionate people with great ideas to join the family. We aim to create an environment that is supportive, diverse, and as fun as our brand. If you’re results-oriented, dedicated, and ready to contribute to an unparalleled member experience for our community of Zipsters, we encourage you to apply.
The Marketing Coordinator is a hungry, resourceful, proactive, creative, detail-oriented, multi-tasking, energetic leader. Supporting the Field Marketing Manager and Regional Field Marketing Manager in implementing the field marketing strategy for Vancouver, the Marketing Coordinator leads the growth of an important member segment, connects Zipcar with relevant local partnership opportunities and develops relationships in the community, all in an effort to reach membership and driving activity goals. This is a nonexempt/hourly role.
- Achieve acquisition targets in a segment or area of focus
- Proactively identify and foster growth opportunities
- Effectively guide Marketing staff
- Develop and cultivate relationships with strategic community partners and individuals to enhance membership experience and open new channels of membership acquisition
- Oversee activation and development of year-round marketing team, ensuring everyone is educated, fully engaged and motivated
- Monitor, measure, and report the effectiveness of marketing initiatives - and then efficiently optimize
- Be local voice of the brand via active social media engagement, email marketing and content creation
- Participate in and lead frequent meetings with all stakeholders, including external partners, internal teams, and direct reports
- 4-year degree in marketing or related field; 1 year relevant experience with field marketing and event planning, or B2B marketing
- Interpersonal skills – you work well with others, communicate effectively with those around you and remain open to others' ideas and exhibits willingness to try new things
- Oral communication – you speak clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations and demonstrate group presentation skills
- Written communication – you edit your work for spelling and grammar, present numerical data effectively and are able to read and interpret written information
- Planning/organizing – you prioritize and plan work activities and use time efficiently, especially in a fast-paced environment
- Quality control – you have a discerning palate and you pay attention to the details that make the difference between pretty good and remarkable
- Adaptability – you know that change is inevitable, and you thrive in an environment where every day is a new adventure with new opportunities
- Flexible schedule – you are available to do what is necessary to get the job done, often putting in evening and weekend hours, especially during the summer event season
- You are able to lift 50 lbs. and to carry collateral materials and displays
- You are proficient in Word, Excel, PowerPoint and basic internet tools
- You can pass the Zipcar driving background check, background check and drug screen
- Results-driven: Experience with tracking success of marketing programs, with an acute eye for ROI beyond just great ideas
- Member-centric: Empathetic approach to service, paired with a passion for our brand and a belief that we are fulfilling a real need in member’s lives
- Local: Knowledge of the Vancouver area area is a must. As a Company, we collaborate to achieve a shared global mission while focusing on locally-driven solutions with custom communication
Preferred qualifications: familiarity/experience with website development, graphic design, project management, budgeting, social media for brands; strong connections with administration and/or influencers at local universities or within the business or local community
- Competitive Compensation
- Competitive Benefits Package
- Free Membership
- Discounts on services, products and much more
While we appreciate every applicant’s interest, only those under consideration will be contacted. We regret that phone calls will not be accepted.