# of Positions: 1
Education (Minimum): Bachelors Degree
Experience (Years): 3
Golder Associates Ltd. is seeking a Marketing Coordinator to join our National Marketing Team for a maternity leave contract in our Vancouver office. The successful candidate, a marketing professional, will be responsible for coordinating marketing and client development activities and contribute to a marketing strategy that aligns with objectives for national, regional and local operations.
The Marketing Coordinator will work in close consultation with National team members, and technical consultants and will also liaise with Client Sector Coordinators and work with representatives and senior professionals in the oil and gas, mining, power, urban development & infrastructure, and manufacturing sectors across Canada.
The successful candidate will be part of a team within an exciting and growing business environment. He/she will bring a customer-orientated approach with excellent communication and organizational skills, will be able to achieve both short term results as well as build long-term strategies, and must be able to operate positively in a context of change and growth.
- Coordinate the planning, development, and implementation of comprehensive marketing strategies and tactics; and track, prepare, and deliver reports on marketing programs and initiatives;
- Coordinate business development as well as participation in conferences, trade shows and other such promotional activities; including evaluating, planning and implementing trade shows and conferences;
- Assist with creation and execution of client events and represent Golder at events when required;
- Undertake market research, analyze trends, determine needs and expectations of target markets, potential clients, project and industry opportunities and recommend strategies to meet needs;
- Develop advertising materials for external publication, including trade magazines, sponsorships/awards, recruitment, and community involvement projects;
- Coordinate elements of the Client Relationship Management program locally, including initiating and tracking client satisfaction surveys, reporting and recommending quality improvements;
- Proactively manage workload through regular communication with practitioners;
- Support staff in marketing services through building and maintaining client relationships;
- Follow health and safety responsibilities, under all applicable government legislations and Golder policies and procedures;
- Act as a role model to espouse our Core Values and Code of Conduct; and,
- Perform other duties as required to support Golder’s success.
The preferred candidate will possess the following skills and attributes:
- A University Degree in Marketing, Business, or Communications;
- Three (3) to six (6) years of direct work experience in a marketing capacity preferably within a professional services firm (engineering and /or sciences);
- Solid understanding of the oil & gas, urban development & infrastructure, design, construction and mining industries and environmental services is an asset;
- Ability to perform in all roles required: planning, strategy, business development, promotion, client interaction, etc.;
- High level of critical and logical thinking, analysis, and/or reasoning to identify underlying principles, reasons, or facts;
- Excellent writing skills, outstanding verbal communication and presentation skills;
- Highly effective project management, prioritization, multi-tasking and time management skills to meet deadlines;
- Well-developed research skills; able to gather, analyze and evaluate a variety of data;
- Three years of experience in online and social content creation;
- Familiar with search engine optimization and analytics;
- Highly effective teamwork skills with a can-do attitude;
- Ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines for opportunities;
- A well-defined sense of diplomacy, including solid negotiation, conflict resolution, and people skills with a demonstrated ability to interact effectively with all levels of an organization;
- Computer literate, including effective working skills of MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, e-mail and Adobe Products;
- Energetic, self-motivated, proactive, and results-oriented;
- A “Safety-First” focus; and,
- A high standard of behavior to uphold Golder’s reputation and demonstrate a commitment to our Core Values.
Regularly ranked as one of the best companies to work for.
As a global, employee-owned organisation with over 50 years of experience, Golder Associates is driven by our purpose to engineer earth’s development while preserving earth’s integrity. From more than 180 offices worldwide, our over 8000 employees deliver solutions that help our clients achieve their sustainable development goals by providing a wide range of independent consulting, design and construction services in our specialist areas of earth, environment and energy.