Your dog is considered a member of your family. You are a highly motivated and driven individual who has strong creative, analytical, and communication skills. You detail oriented, love to multi-task and work on many projects at once. Organization, time management, a strong ability to prioritize, and a collaborative and team oriented outlook are essential to this role.
About the Position:
Reporting to the Marketing Manager, the Marketing Coordinator supports the implementation and execution of all marketing activities for the Pet Division. This role is responsible for managing the rcpets.com website, all print media, the monthly trade newsletter, supporting trade marketing programs and other initiatives.
- Prepare files for digital and offset print production.
- Develop and design graphics to support products including packaging, advertising, email marketing and sell sheets.
- Create appropriate imagery for social media and web updates.
- Development of trade-show related collateral.
- Responsible for updating the website to reflect current product assortment, ensuring all information is accurate and up to date.
- Coordinate contract providers for web upgrades, development and image photography.
- Understand and create keyword rich and search engine optimized content.
- Coordinate photography of products and brand images.
- Prepare Google analytics and marketing statistics to track efficiency.
- Improve SEO and online presence.
Writing and Editing:
- Write and editing dynamic and captivating product content.
- Write press releases for all new products, newsworthy company announcements, and special interest material releases.
- Analyze and evaluate the effectiveness of marketing materials.
- Liaise with journalists/bloggers and facilitate distribution of products for review.
- Support and coordinate product video production.
- Develop Point of Purchase displays and other in store promotional items.
- Support the development of an annual strategy for the maintenance and expansion of RC Pet Product’s social media channels that maximizes brand exposure.
- Respond to relevant inquiries and online conversations on RC Pet Product’s social media feeds.
Education & experience:
- Over 2 years’ experience in the following areas: graphic design; digital content writing/editing; social media; Marketing; Public Relations.
- Valid driver’s license and passport.
- Excellent verbal and written skills in English.
- French as a second language is an asset.
Knowledge, abilities & skills:
- Good knowledge and understanding of the design, production, selling, inventory management and marketing of consumer products.
- Ability to prioritize multiple projects while still maintaining accuracy and an attention to detail.
- Demonstrated high level of creativity and effective visual communications skills.
- Experience in writing copy for various mediums that relays a consistent brand voice.
- Demonstrated ability to deal effectively with all level of internal and external clientele.
- Well-developed strategic thinking, conceptual, problem solving and decision-making abilities.
- Some travel will be required
We love pets! They rely on us to care for them, guide them and keep them from harm and in return they give us unconditional love. Our products are designed to strengthen the bond between families and their pets, while looking good for performing superbly under all conditions.
At RC Pet Products, our goal is to enhance and foster sustainable business practices throughout our organization. Our commitment to making quality gear for pets goes hand in hand with our commitment to ethical sourcing, environmental sustainability and community involvement.
By going beyond the basics of ethical business practices we embrace our responsibility to people and our planet.
Located in Vancouver, RC Pet Products is a face paced manufacturer and distributor of pet equipment. Our office, warehouse and production facility offers a dynamic, creative and fun working environment for active people that love animals.