Reporting to the Marketing Director, the Marketing Coordinator is responsible for developing and executing highly effective marketing campaigns and activities (including written content for web and print collateral, online marketing, social media and direct email programs). As the design & production lead, you will have a good design eye, while understanding that design in business is more about clean, professional outcomes with good coordination and tight production timing, and you’re comfortable driving those timelines and deliverables. As a self-starter and self-manager, you will work with the in-house designer to evaluate the best options for a project, taking into account cost constraints, time crunches, and the fast pace of coordinating a team that’s always on the move
Marketing & Communications
- Learn and apply the unique characteristics of each GEG properties in order to produce effective marketing and communications products.
- Contribute to promotions, email planning sessions, and strategic planning opportunities, tactical marketing projects and assignments.
- Deliver strategic, creative, resonant and innovative communication solutions to attain marketing and communications objectives for each property by listening, asking, hearing, prioritizing and translating each event’s marketing goals and information into strategic brand concepts, voice, messages and rationales.
- Research, write and edit copy in consistent writing style.
Design & Production
- Coordinate the production and timely distribution of various communications with in-house graphic designer, outside vendors, printers, advertisers.
- Assist with design and development of collateral and other marketing communications for direct marketing programs and sales tools.
- Serve as liaison between advertising agencies, print suppliers, freelance talent, photographers, and various marketing services.
- Coordinate online partnerships and advertising opportunities.
- Provide support for other areas of the Marketing team as necessary.
- Bachelor degree in Marketing, Communications, or related, plus at least 2-3 years related marketing experience; hospitality industry experience preferred. Thorough knowledge of marketing principles with a record of proven results.
- Strong computer skills: proficiency in Microsoft Office; well-versed in both Mac and PC platforms.
- Proficiency in Adobe CS5 including, but not limited to, Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, with demonstrated graphic design and creative ability.
- Strong knowledge of social media networking tools and platforms. Understanding of new technologies and their application to marketing principles; basic knowledge of SEO, web development tools and concepts is an asset.
- Seasoned project management skills and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated business acumen, ability to work with customers, sales and technical staff to lead and develop successful marketing messages, collateral and programs.
- Excellent organization and time management skills, action-oriented and able to manage multiple projects under a tight deadline.
- Self-motivated with a high level of initiative and a sense of urgency.