Job Description – PR & Marketing Coordinator
Are you a PR and/or marketing professional with a passion for television and filmed entertainment? Do you have experience managing small teams? If so, then we would love to hear from you.
Based in Vancouver, OUTtv is a vibrant broadcaster and streaming service that is expanding internationally. We are looking for a PR & Marketing Coordinator to report directly to the Chief Marketing Officer. In this role you will contribute to the management and execution of press releases and press liaison and assist with broadcast and SVOD marketing campaigns and partner relations. The successful candidate will be highly motivated, energetic and well organized, with the ability to work independently and as part of a team. Experience in broadcast and/or digital entertainment and a track record of successful project management is a plus.
As the PR & Marketing Coordinator you will
- Write press releases in conjunction with the management team
- Manage approvals and distribution of press releases to trade and consumer press; maintain press database
- Liaise with press, arrange interviews with talent and/or company representatives
- Assist in the development and execution of email and paid social campaigns
- Assist with the execution of marketing plans for the network and specific programming across channels including online, email, social, broadcast to build brand awareness and to drive customer acquisition
- Maintain the PR & marketing calendar and define timelines from ideation to launch by working closely with CMO, broadcast operations and programming
- Coordinate PR & marketing asset delivery and approvals with internal and external partners
- Work closely with the operations and product teams, production partners and platforms including, but not limited to Amazon Prime, Apple TV and Roku
- Other duties as assigned
- 2-3years of experience in a PR and/or marketing role
- Excellent communication and presentation skills and ability to present ideas to an audience
- Ability to self-start and manage your own time efficiently
- Experience working within budgets
- Good knowledge of MS Office and major social media platforms
- Evidence of full vaccination for COVID-19 required
- High energy positive attitude and a love for what you do
- Ideally familiar with OUTtv’s brand, programming and positioning
- Strong interest and passion for TV, film and LGBTQ2+ programming
- Goal-oriented, outgoing, well organized, efficient with a high level of attention to detail
- Ability to meet targets and deadlines
- Strong desire to learn, experiment, and innovate with technology
- Familiarity with digital marketing platforms/tools is desirable but not essential (Mailchimp, Facebook Ads Manager, etc.).
- Alignment with OUTtv’s values and commitment to the LGBTQ2+ community
- Acceptance of furry friends as we’re a dog-friendly office
Perfect your job application with VisualCV so you can get hired faster!