The Continuing Legal Education Society of British Columbia (“CLEBC”) is the most respected source of continuing professional education and information for British Columbia lawyers and their staff. We believe continuous learning is key to the success of our team; we foster a culture of innovation by hiring great people and supporting them in developing their talents.
CLEBC publishes a variety of resources to assist the legal profession. We have approximately 50 practice manuals published in print and as online resources that are updated regularly and cover all of the major practice areas. CLEBC also puts on more than 75 courses a year covering 20 practice areas for audiences of 50 to 200 lawyers attending live or by webinar.
CLEBC is a non-profit society that is self-funded from the sale of products and services.
Reporting to the Marketing Manager, the Marketing Coordinator leads the creation and execution of email campaigns to reach sales targets and generate awareness for CLEBC products and services. The incumbent will manage a sophisticated email marketing production schedule and ensure CLEBC’s customer database is current and accurate. The Marketing Coordinator will assist the department in additional tasks related to print and online marketing.
Key Tasks include:
- Creates and executes data-driven email campaigns for all CLEBC products and services
- Manages and maintains hygienic customer mailing lists
- Pulls and segments data-driven lists based on customer details
- Manages transactional email templates (order confirmations, update reminders, etc.)
- Routinely conducts A/B and multivariate tests; optimizes where needed
- Coordinates with marketing staff to ensure copy and graphics are data and sales-driven
- Supports the marketing department in various campaigns throughout the year
- Other duties in the marketing department, as needed
The ideal candidate will have the following education, skills and abilities:
- An undergraduate degree in marketing or a related field; or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Well-rounded digital marketer with a passion for e-commerce and online marketing
- Strong comprehension of e-campaign performance metrics and optimization techniques
- Experience with list creation, segmentation, and list management
- Experience with an EMP (e.g. MailChimp) and email automation (e.g. ClickDimensions)
- Proficient in HTML/CSS, design, copy-writing, UX
- Proficient with Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, InDesign, Dreamweaver)
- Ability to design email templates for desktop and mobile
- Hands-on experience with analytics and testing
- Exceptional attention to detail and accuracy, strong communication skills (written and verbal), and a tenacious attitude