Looking to be a leader with your creative marketing management abilities? Do you have excellent communication skills, a passion for creative selling, and are looking for an exceptional opportunity to take your Marketing Career to the next level? If so, you might be just what Purdy’s Chocolates needs!
Voted by its employees as one of Canada’s 50 Best Employers a total of four times in previous years, Purdy’s prides itself as a company people want to be a part of. Each and every employee plays an integral role in the Purdy’s operation and is equally committed to creating a quality product. We are excited about this offer for a new team member to join our fantastic organization as a full time, permanent Marketing Coordinator at our Vancouver Head Office.
The Marketing Coordinator would be responsible for leading, developing, and managing all marketing initiatives to ensure that the Marketing Department runs efficiently and effectively while achieving corporate objectives.
Duties and Responsibilities would include but are not limited to:
• Manage the planning process of all marketing initiatives including public relations, social media, advertising, special events, mall events and promotions.
• Contribute to improving Purdy’s Chocolates any which way possible. This may include taking on initiatives falling outside of the realm of “Marketing”.
Coordination, Communication & Cooperation
• Manage the coordination, scheduling, and communication of all marketing activities internally (with various departments) and externally.
• Effectively build and maintain strategic relationships – all relationships are critical within the Purdy’s corporate culture. Strong interpersonal skills are essential.
• Maintain solid working relationships with mall marketing contacts, media partners, agencies and other external companies and suppliers.
Execution, Evaluation & Reporting
• Execute all marketing initiatives
• Create excitement towards all marketing initiatives both internally and externally
• Ensure all marketing initiatives are executed according to Purdy’s image and to the highest standard possible.
• Gather, maintain, and disseminate information to internal and external sources that will reflect an accurate picture of activities within the Marketing Department
• Offer objective recommendations for future involvement.
• Manage and provide the most value for Purdy’s through the marketing budget
• Manage resources and budgets for all marketing initiatives
• Prepare copy for various company needs including memos, product descriptions, website/e-newsletters, catalogs, signage, ad copy and more
• Manage departmental records (i.e. events attended; products donated; inventory of supplies; etc.) to ensure accurate and timely information is provided to appropriate sources
The Successful Candidate Must Have:
- Minimum 2 years experience with an increasing responsibility in marketing.
- Post secondary education in commerce, marketing, communications, or a related field.
- Proven experience dealing with media, specifically in the area of public relations
- Proven experience planning, organizing, and executing promotions and special events.
- A solid understanding of all forms of media (TV, radio, print, out-of-home, and Internet) in addition to media buying experience
- A solid understanding of social media tactics and execution
- Proven experience and strong copy writing skills
- Strategic thinking ability, can think both inside and outside the box
- Strong leadership, extremely capable of taking initiative
- Very strong interpersonal skills are a must
- Highly motivation levels, capable of working both in teams and independently
- Highly organization and detail oriented skills with an ability to prioritize and develop action plans
- Ability to handle the pressure of deadlines
- Project management experience is an asset
- Solid work ethic with a desire to contribute maximum effort to achieving team goals and revenue targets.
- Strong written, verbal, and presentation skills
- Computer skills
Here are just some of the sweet perks you enjoy as an employee:
-Computer Purchase Program
-Registered Retirement Savings Plan
-Employer-matched Charitable Donations