We are looking for a dynamic, outgoing individual to join our marketing team. Ideally, you are creative, highly motivated, and possess outstanding communication skills. You are a real “people person” and aren’t afraid to pick up a phone or send out an email to follow up on a lead.
Format.com is based in Toronto and is focused on developing online products that improve people's lives. Every day, we create solutions for creative professionals while growing a sustainable company that fosters awesome office culture. Format is our first product: an online portfolio platform that enables anyone to professionally showcase their body of work to clients, employers, patrons, and the world-at-large.
If you are considering this position, you:
- Have excellent verbal and written communication which allows you to clearly and effectively communicate and coordinate.
- Have experience in researching, maintaining and reporting on marketing and advertising campaigns.
- Are well-organized, persistent, and tactful. You don’t take “no” for an answer and “can’t” isn’t in your vocabulary. You are motivated and self-directed. If you don’t know the answer, you are relentless about Googling it until you know the answer better than anyone else.
- Have a minimum of 1-2 years of consumer marketing experience, preferably with a degree in Marketing.
- Are familiar with standard marketing concepts, practices, and procedures, and have a clear understanding of how to leverage these tools.
- Effectively prioritize and handle multiple projects simultaneously. You are equally likely to take initiative as you are to take direction.
- You are intimately familiar with social networks and social media best practices on Facebook, LinkedIn, Google+, Twitter.
Your day-to-day responsibilities will include:
- Working closely with the Marketing Manager to execute projects.
- Researching, maintaining, and preparing marketing reports by analyzing and summarizing advertising and statistical data.
- Implementing marketing and advertising campaigns, assembling and analyzing conversion forecasts, and planning and organizing promotional presentations.
- Assisting the marketing team in day-to-day operations with PR, marketing, advertising, and social media.
- Assist with collection of leads via publications and news sources.
- Building professional relationships and assist in media planning.
- Manage special projects such as mailings, campaigns, announcements and surveys, as needed.
- We're proudly self-funded which allows us to focus on delivering amazing products to our community.
- We pay competitive salaries and have a very flexible vacation policy.
- We offer benefits: extended health, dental, life, and disability.
- We frequently celebrate hitting milestones after work (or in the middle of the day if it’s sunny). Take a look at some of our latest outings.
- Some of our in-office perks include: flexible office hours, a desk equipped with an Aeron chair and top-notch Apple gear (take a peek here), curating what music gets played over our office speakers (listen along right now), and drinking as much espresso as you need - our bean subscription is from 49th Parallel Roasters.