The Overwaitea Food Group is a dynamic member of the Jim Pattison Group of companies. Located in Langley, BC, we support over 125 unique stores in 6 banner formats (Save-On-Foods, Cooper’s Foods, Overwaitea Foods, PriceSmart Foods, Urban Fare and Bulkley Valley Wholesale) across both BC and Alberta. With over 14,000 team members and one of the longest serving team member bases in the retail industry, our team is committed to fulfilling our mission of “Always Customer First” and maintaining our core values of People, Service, Innovation, Fun and Integrity.
With strong roots as Western Canada's leading independent grocer, the Overwaitea Food Group has been continuously growing since its beginnings in 1915 in New Westminster, BC. Since then, we’ve honoured our commitment to offering customers exceptional value and service that consistently exceeds expectations. We're proud of our commitment to doing the right thing every day: for our customers, for our communities and for our people.
In a continually evolving market, we're finding new and exciting ways to offer customers in the diverse communities we serve the products and services they're looking for. Whether it’s tailoring our stores to meet the ethnic diversity of a community, striving to bring more and more relevant local products to our shelves or offering new ways of making our customers’ lives easier through emerging technology solutions, we’re committed to maintaining a strong bond with our communities and finding the right people to help us maximize these opportunities.
We’ve emphasized our commitment to providing our customers with the service and products that they need in numerous formats, including our world recognized Richmond PriceSmart Foods where we have created a truly “East Meets West” shopping experience as well as focusing on our passion to support our local growers and suppliers through our “Talk About Local” ad campaign.
To support this growth, the Overwaitea Food Group is hiring a Marketing Coordinator.
The Marketing Department
Working alongside one of the most dynamic marketing teams in the industry, the successful candidate will have the opportunity to work in a fun environment, working on one of Western Canada’s largest brands, with the support to create world class marketing to drive growth for the organization and it’s people.
Times are changing in the Overwaitea Food Group marketing department as we look to leverage every available media resources from TV to social media to flyers to events to create a distinct and unique brand.
This position reports to our Director of Marketing, Gillian Yorke who has over 10 years of experience with the Overwaitea Food Group and who manages a team of 18 including traditional marketing, in-house creative team, production team, and our in house photo studio. In addition, this position will work closely with our agency partners, Gillian has lead numerous innovative campaigns, including the recently launched “Talk About Local” campaign (http://www.saveonfoods.com/local)
Gillian is supported by Dan Howe, the Vice President of Marketing, Communications and More Rewards. Dan was recently added to the executive team at Overwaitea Food Group to inspire the team and drive future growth. Dan is a diversified international marketing executive with experience working in retail/hospitality, packaged-goods, and marketing research consulting. Dan previously worked at Yum Restaurants International where he held the role of Chief Marketing Officer in Canada and also working out of Geneva Switzerland held the CMO role managing 25 countries in Europe.
Under Gillian and Dan’s leadership, the culture of the team is focused on driving personal learning and development, having a fun work environment, managing the brands through strategic discipline and creativity and delivering excellent results for the organization.
Working closely with this highly skilled and motivated team, you will help to assist in the continued efforts to leverage the company’s marketing campaigns and take them to a new level.
Reporting to the Director, Marketing, the Marketing Coordinator will serve to support the brand and marketing strategies for multiple grocery brands including ethnic and mosaic stores. The successful candidate will help evolve and grow the Overwaitea Foods Group’s brands and marketing campaigns and target new and existing consumers while leveraging new marketing vehicles in numerous digital spheres.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supports the Brand strategy.
- Supports the development of marketing plans for programs, promotions for multiple grocery brands including ethnic mosaic stores.
- Coordinates digital efforts with communication team.
- Liases with internal creative, production team as well as external media buyer and agencies.
- Prepares, coordinates and books newspaper ads for banners and/or specific markets.
- Proofs and coordinates print and media with Merchandising and Operations.
- Prepares and executes new store and store re-opening marketing plans.
- Liaise and communicate with supplier partners for joint marketing promotions.
- Integrate ideas and feedback from all internal and external sources regarding new marketing concepts and programs for mosaic grocery stores.
- 2-4 years of Marketing or business education orientated to ethnic marketing
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrate ability to make analytical judgements with strong organizational and planning abilities.
- Detail oriented with strong analytical and problem solving abilities.
- Demonstrated ability to multitask in a fast paced environment and meet deadlines.
- Some travel to retail stores in Alberta and British Columbia.
- Proficient in Mandarin and Cantonese.
- Proficiency with PC applications (primarily MS Excel, Word and PowerPoint).
- Demonstrated team building orientation.
- Passion for food and retail.