Are you the most avid player in your fantasy pool? Do you chronicle your life through Instagram? Do you have genuine desire to put a smile on people’s faces?
Shark Club – Sports | Bar | Grill is hiring a Marketing Coordinator to join our small but mighty Marketing team based in our corporate offices in trendy Kitsilano and in advance of the exciting opening of our newest location on West Georgia. In this role, you will work with a team to support our stores and breathe life into the new Shark Club brand.
The person that is best suited for this role has a passion for communication, phenomenal organizational skills, is at their best working as part of a team and has a genuine desire help others in working towards a common goal. You will work with people both in the office as well as in our stores cross-functionally, in person, over the phone and via email. A sense of fun balanced by a strong work ethic is a must for this position, as is a sense of urgency.
WHO ARE WE AND WHAT DO WE DO?
Shark Club – Sports | Bar | Grill is a family-owned chain of twelve sports-focused restaurants throughout Canada and the UK. The original Shark Club was located here in Vancouver on Georgia Street, and is the location of our newest opening this fall. We have big plans – with expansion into Eastern Canada and the US on the horizon. Opportunity awaits!
- Supervise social media outreach for the brand and store accounts
- Develop fresh story ideas and deliver content via blog, website, and social media channels
- Coordinate and deliver email campaigns
- Ensure that messages are supportive of and consistent with marketing strategies
- Support of stores in their individual marketing efforts
- Assist with the planning & execution of local in-store and in-market events
- Create, deliver, edit, and optimize local marketing materials
- Source & develop promotional items for initiatives as needed
- Research media coverage and industry trends
- Improve communication efficiencies within company
- Provide support to marketing department
- Education: Degree in Business, Communications or a diploma in Marketing
- Excellent ability to navigate through all MS Office Applications
- Social Media Savvy (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram); experience with social media management tools (such as HootSuite) is an asset
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. Experience in copywriting is an asset
- Experience managing multiple projects from start to finish
- This role may require 25% travel