As the Marketing Coordinator, you will act as an extension and support to the Director of Marketing and may take a lead role in the advertising, media buying, promotions, public relations and grassroots efforts for the Encana Events Centre. In addition, you will assist with maintaining relationships with all media and sponsor partners and ensure fulfilment of contracts while overseeing the purchase of advertising and the billing process. You will help develop, coordinate and provide support for familiarization tours, media drops, public relations campaigns, grass roots activities, site inspections, client events, concerts, family shows, sporting events and other miscellaneous events. The Marketing Coordinator will help in the creation of promotional materials, update and maintain the website, in-arena address systems, marquee as well assist in developing new marketing programs and initiatives. Your goal is to assist in driving revenues through tickets sales for all events while increasing the profile of the Encana Events Centre.
· Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university in Marketing, Communications or Sports/Business Management.
- Minimum of 1-3 years marketing experience preferred.
- Excellent written and oral skills, including presentation experience.
- Knowledge of public relations.
- Knowledge of social media.
- Knowledge of website maintenance.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office and Adobe (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign) applications.
- Detail oriented with excellent organizational skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Strong work ethic.
- Creative and proactive problem solver.
- Must be able to work flexible hours including nights, weekends and selected holidays.
- Knowledge of Database Marketing software.
- Previous experience with media buying and promotions
- Have successfully managed and created budgets
- Must have a valid Canadian Passport and drivers license