Job summary : The Marketing Coordinator + Business Services Supervisor is responsible for coordinating all human resource and administrative related functions as well as broker contacts, communications and internal/external event planning. This role also provides administrative assistance to the Regional Vice President and Assistant Vice President as directed.
Marketing + Broker Management System
- Broker set-up and maintenance in our dBase and Oracle systems (incl. broker code management, broker changes and cancellations)
- Create and maintain all broker contracts and files;
- Assist with EDI and eDoc set-up for brokers
- Maintain the various broker databases;
- Respond to broker inquiries, marketing items, change requests as required;
- Follow up for late payments as requested by accounting department and provide updates to management
- Analyze and compile broker visit data;
- Plan, organize & implement all corporate activities in the region including the annual Board of Director meetings.
- Plan, organize & implement in broker events such as the IBABC + CUISA conferences
- Prepare and distribute broker marketing bulletins.
- Coordinate the annual broker survey action plan, branch activity report and other relevant meetings to support the business plans.
- Liaison with OGI Human Resource Department for all human resource related activities including new employees on-boarding, termination documentation, benefits information, vacation and performance management process, etc. support.
- Supervise Business Services personnel (mailroom + reception).
- Ensure all reception + mailroom functions are completed in a timely manner & high quality service levels are provided to our brokers.
Administration + Other
- Lead the coordination of all budget related activities for admin department.
- Manage the unclaimed property process.
- Manage all office administrative and Burnaby Centre related items.
- Support RVP and AVP in completion of monthly expense reports.
- Lead, plan & implement all social committee activities and staff event celebrations.
- Provide backup for Reception if no other approved resources are available.
- Support the RVP, AVP and Regional Management Team on various tasks as required.
Experience and education
- Management and leadership skills.
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel, Power Point, working knowledge of MS Access.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to prioritize, maintain calm under pressure, meet deadlines and maintain strict confidentiality.
Qualities and aptitudes
- Post secondary education.
- Five years of related experience.
- Accounting designation, an asset.