Marketing & Communications Strategist contract
Reporting to and in collaboration with the Customer Accounts Manager, you will develop proactive and strategic business partnerships with assigned schools and departments. Your focus will be to develop and execute strategic marketing and communications plans that enhance or facilitate growth and development of business objectives. Strong interpersonal and communication skills are essential, as you will be the key liaison between the Marketing and Communications Department and the BCIT community.
Specific duties and responsibilities include:
- Providing direction and influencing clients on marketing and communication options, processes, advertising strategies and/or innovative marketing techniques
- Developing, executing and measuring marketing plans, in conjunction with clients and department staff, including components such as public relations, advertising, direct marketing, online marketing and social media
- Project managing, writing, editing, and working with clients and graphic designers on marketing collateral and institute publications including annual reports, program flyers, tradeshow displays, brochures, posters, Update blog stories, videos, handbooks, invitations, programs, etc.
- Diploma of Technology or equivalent specializing in marketing and/or communications plus current, formal training and courses in internet marketing, technical and marketing writing, web content management systems, desktop publishing software, video production such as iMovie, and some HTML
- Two years general marketing and/or communication experience plus four years practical, current experience in a similar position
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered
- Ability to be a team player
- Superb analytical, organizational, and facilitation skills
- Excellent oral, written, and presentation skills
- Proven ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships by exercising tact and diplomacy while maintaining the highest levels of customer service
- Demonstrated ability to work under pressure, meet tight deadlines and effectively handle changing priorities
*Please note: These are the minimum required qualifications. This position is a dayshift position as defined in Article 14.1 of the Collective Agreement.
TERM OF APPOINTMENT: ASAP to March 30, 2012
SALARY RANGE: Pay Grade 9; $48,720 with yearly increments to $52,928 per annum
COMPETITION NUMBER: 11B131
CLOSING DATE: April 17, 2011
BCIT offers a competitive salary, generous benefits package and a diverse, enthusiastic workplace. BCIT is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority.
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. If selected for an interview, candidates will be required to present original copies of credentials.