WHO WE ARE
Modo is about transforming communities by connecting people with places in a way that’s affordable, convenient, inclusive and sustainable. We are a pioneer in the carshare sector. In fact, we were the first to open shop in Vancouver and Victoria back in 1997. Modo has remained the only member-owned carshare co-operative – driven by people, not profit – and fueled by our desire to create more livable communities by reducing our collective dependency on car ownership. Our promise is to provide exceptional value and customer service, convenience, choice and an enjoyable carsharing experience. Modo’s employees take pride in being part of an inclusive, passionate, and growing team. Read more about Modo at www.modo.coop.
WHAT OUR MARKETING COMMUNICATIONS SPECIALIST WILL DO
You will manage the delivery of Modo’s campaigns, marketing projects, and communications channels, working closely with both internal and external stakeholders to uphold Modo’s brand. Reporting to the Director of Marketing & Business Development, your portfolio will primarily focus on external communications including newsletters, marketing collateral, website management, consumer research and key sponsorships. You will also be responsible for leading a variety of special projects including our AGM and internal communications.
The skills and qualifications we are looking for include, but are not limited to, the following:
- A degree or diploma in Marketing or a related field
- 3 to 5 years’ experience in a Marketing Communications role
- Previous experience managing multiple communications channels, building brand awareness, and maintaining a brand voice
- Demonstrated understanding of market segmentation and research
- Previous experience with project planning and coordination
- Strong writing and storytelling ability
- Strong Photoshop and other image editing/graphics tools
- Working knowledge of research tools/platforms
THE ATTRIBUTES WE ARE LOOKING FOR
Our business is built on exceptional member service. We set the bar high and strive to exceed member expectations. To excel in this position, you need to be prepared to deliver outstanding service by having:
- A true passion for capturing and communicating the essence of a values-based brand
- Exceptional communication skills – verbal and written – and be comfortable with public speaking
- The utmost of professionalism and attention to detail
- Strong ability to multi-task, prioritize activities and use sound judgement as guidance
- Strong personal initiative and the ability to work independently, cross-departmentally, and collaboratively
- Ability to analyze and interpret data
- A service-oriented attitude and willingness to pitch in
WHAT WE OFFER OUR EMPLOYEES
Modo attracts and retains the best. This is an exciting time for Modo and this position provides an opportunity to make your mark in an evolving industry. We are a fun and friendly company with a personable and professional member service offering. If you like working with a successful team and representing a longstanding, recognized and well-respected brand, this job would be perfect for you. We have plans for growth and maximizing member service and want the right people to grow with us.
Modo encourages and welcomes all qualified candidates. We pride ourselves on being an equal opportunity organization and encourage applications from all individuals, including those identifying with traditionally underrepresented groups. We are dedicated to maintaining a healthy, productive, and respectful work environment, free from bullying harassment, and discrimination, and in which all are treated with dignity.
You’ll be trained and have continued support from a close-knit team who are committed to your success. We offer a competitive wage based on experience and vacation pay.