Achieve your full potential in an environment where there’s flexibility to cultivate your personal brand and knowledge base.
Our Internal Firm Services:
Our Internal Firms Services are professionals who provide strategic advice to our business leaders. This empowers our business and helps us work collaboratively on strategies, solutions and programs that support the firm.
The Opportunity: National Diversity & Inclusion Marketing and Communications Specialist
The Diversity and Inclusion (D&I) Marketing and Communications Specialist will provide internal and external marketing and communications planning and execution to support to our Diversity and Inclusion office (D&I).
The candidate will lead the development and execution of a D&I communications strategy. Externally, this will include tactics such as public relations and social media campaigns, sponsorships, placed articles/opinion pieces. Internally, this will include the development of key messages to support an engagement strategy for our partners and people around our D&I strategy. The D&I Marketing and Communications Specialist will also be responsible for aligning the D&I marketing and communications with the broader national and city Marketing and Communications plan.
The Diversity and Inclusion (D&I) Marketing and Communications Specialist will report to the Diversity & Inclusion office with a dotted line to the Communications and Marketing lead. The Communications Specialist will sit with the Diversity & Inclusion office. The role will be embedded in the Diversity & Inclusion office and on a day-to-day basis work with PwC’s Chief Inclusion Officer and the D&I management team. The role will also establish strong, cooperative relationships with various external suppliers and stakeholders, as well as internal audiences such as Line of Service and Functional Leaders, Business Marketing Managers and City Leaders.
- Develop, plan and deliver a marketing and communication strategy and implementation plan (internal and external) to ensure the success of the initiatives.
- Develop and plan communications with D&I leadership and team to profile leaders and programs to increase brand presence and market penetration on the topics of diversity and inclusion.
- Identify opportunities to align the D&I strategy with broader firm strategic priorities.
- Develop and maintain connectivity and strong working relationships with key internal stakeholders as well as external organizations.
- Demonstrate best practice in corporate communications approaches, vehicles, strategies and tactics.
- Demonstrate success in understanding the needs and sensitivities of different audiences and adapting appropriate writing style and content.
- Conduct research and reviews to assess diversity trends and issues and makes recommendations as appropriate
- Be a diversity champion internally and externally to increase market presence.
- Work with the city and National Communications Teams and regional markets to participate in the annual marketing and communications plan development
- Lead and drive activities to support ongoing alignment and collaboration between other marketing and communications teams in across Canadian regions
- Lead the execution of internal and external marketing and communications tactics to support the delivery of the D&I strategy, including speaking points, press releases, social media posts, ghosts written articles, sponsorships, and content for internal staff and partner events (e.g. town halls, conferences).
- Provide media campaign support, which may include: content development (i.e. media release, pitches), media list development, media event and interview coordination, etc.)
- Plan and coordinate internal and external events with Employee Resource Circles,
- Develop ongoing relationships with key internal stakeholders such as Functional and Line of Service Leaders, Office Leaders, the City Leader, Business Marketing Managers, Events Management and the PwC Foundation.
- The preferred candidate for this role should have an undergraduate degree in communications, journalism, marketing or a post-graduate specialization along with four to six years of experience, preferably in a corporate communications and/or marketing group. Preference will be given to those with experience in a professional services environment. The candidate will possess exceptional written and verbal communications skills, and have media relations, public relations and social media experience.
- The candidate will have experience in working with all levels of staff, including senior decision makers both internally and externally. The candidate will possess the ability to effectively influence/communicate activities that align with PwC’s business goals.
- The position will suit a detail-oriented self-starter who can work well within a team, and excel in a fast-paced, corporate environment, while still effectively managing multiple priorities to deadline. Experience working in teams and understanding how to effectively engage, motivate and upwardly manage senior professionals is a desired skill.
- Having Diversity & Inclusion passion and interest is critical to the success of this role.
- Bilingual candidate preferred.
Why Work for PwC
We look for diversity of thought and encourage our people to reach out and make a difference for their colleagues, clients and communities. We welcome people from a variety of educational and professional backgrounds, and believe that different perspectives help us solve challenges with innovation, cooperation, and creativity.
Apply for our opportunities today. This is a place that will inspire you to be at your best each and every day. Your application today is tomorrow’s opportunity.