Marketing & Communications Specialist contract
The Marketing and Communications Generalist(s) will work from approved communications strategies to produce marketing and communications materials for use across the spectrum of print and electronic (e.g. social/web) media.
The Marketing and Communications Generalist(s) will also be required to perform a range of tasks to support the operations of the Corporate Affairs team.
This position will be part of a matrix Marketing and Communications team, with a direct reporting relationship to the Director, Communications Services and Events, and a “dotted line” or indirect reporting relationship to the functional leaders, the Group Director of Corporate Affairs Strategies & Planning and the Director, Corporate Communications. Work may also be assigned by the Corporate Affairs Project Manager.
• Produce Infoway marketing and communications materials, based on approved communication plans
o Conduct research (e.g. via the internet, through discussions with Infoway subject matter experts, discussions with partner organizations) to gather source information to be used in the development of a range of communications materials.
o Provide input into the development of key messages.
o Develop draft quality material/content consistent with the established creative direction and deadlines.
o Prepare electronic and print marketing communication products, including news releases, newsletters, e-invitations, web content, internal communications documents, PowerPoint presentations, or materials to support an event or conference etc., including formatting and ensuring copy translation for distribution.
• On a rotating basis (or in relation to a specific project), Marketing and Communications Generalists on the team will be responsible to:
o Compile and distribute the daily media clippings to internal audiences
o Track and report on media coverage, maintaining statistics on coverage
o Maintain a filing/archiving system for media clips
o Develop and manage targeted mailing lists and electronic distribution lists for the distribution of e-blasts, and print materials
o Produce/format correspondence and PowerPoint presentations
o Assist in assembling information kits and other materials for distribution
o Maintain the inventory of marketing materials, including corporate stationary
o Provide expert level formatting of PowerPoint presentations to ensure the highest level of quality is produced for external presentations
o Respond to, or coordinate responses to public enquiries
o Providing logistical support for events and conferences
o Other duties as required
- University degree in marketing, business, communication, or related field
- 3 years experience providing marketing communications tactics at an intermediate level, designing, planning and executing the delivery of marketing communication products and services
- Experience in the public and private sectors is preferred
- Experience in the information technology and/or healthcare sectors are a definite asset
- Experience developing and formatting PowerPoint presentations
- Experience in writing or editing a variety of materials including internal and external communications materials, messaging, promotional flyers, ad copy and web texts
- Experience in web production and implementation and working with Web Designers, IT Departments, graphic artists, developers, video production houses, photographers and other external vendors to deliver projects
Knowledge, Skills and Competencies
- Strong writing, editing, proofreading skills for print, web and social media networks
- Research and evaluation skills for measuring media planning, implementation and effectiveness.
- Analytical skills for analyzing problems and opportunities, defining goals, identifying audiences and recommending and planning activities
- Deadline driven, with strong attention to detail
- Organization and planning skills to effectively manage multiple priorities and deliverables
- Excellent team player and relationship skills to build relationships internally and externally
- Ability to transform creative direction into the development of communications and marketing materials
- Ability to transform technical information – create, re-write or edit for general public, health care professionals, business administrators, health IT professionals – so that there is relevance and good comprehension.
- Strong interpersonal skills to work collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders
- Knowledge of MS Office,
- Bilingualism (French/English) is an asset