Gowlings is one of Canada's leading law firms, with over 700 legal professionals across 10 offices worldwide. Recognized for excellence in business law, advocacy and intellectual property law, Gowlings provides dedicated industry expertise in a number of sectors, including energy, mining, infrastructure, life sciences, government, financial services, technology and manufacturing.
We are currently seeking a highly motivated, enthusiastic team player to join our Marketing and Business Development Group as a Marketing Communications Specialist.
Reporting to the Marketing Communications Manager, you will be responsible for leading, developing and implementing innovative and effective marketing communications strategies across a range of print and digital channels.
Responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
- Lead, develop and implement marketing communications plans to support firm objectives and engage both internal and external audiences
- Write, edit and produce strategic communications pieces that convey key messages, align with the Gowlings brand and resonate with target audiences (e.g., news releases, website content, advertisements, print collateral, e-newsletters, internal announcements, etc.)
- Support the firm’s media relations activities, including writing pitches, news releases and media advisories, and assisting with media training and related requests
- Support communications across social media channels such as Twitter, LinkedIn and Facebook
- Advise internal clients across the firm on effective marketing communications strategies and tactics
- Stay current on the latest marketing communications strategies and tactics, and proactively apply them
- Post-secondary degree in communications, public relations, journalism or a related field
- At least four years of relevant experience in marketing communications, public relations, media, advertising, or a related field
- Excellent writing, editing and research skills, with superior knowledge of grammar, spelling, punctuation and style (Canadian Press); must have a keen eye for detail
- Tech-savvy with strong content marketing and social media expertise
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Excel); experience with content management systems and other digital tools is an asset
- Strategic, professional, solutions-oriented approach to challenges, with outstanding interpersonal, organizational and communication skills
- Ability to multi-task, adapt quickly to changing priorities and deliver exceptional work in a fast-paced environment
- Desire to exceed expectations and provide outstanding client service