Distech Controls, the innovation leader in energy management solutions, is looking for a Marketing Communications Specialist – Public Relations, who can distill features and benefits from our evolving suite of products and solutions, and actively participate in the marketing and communications team by expressing our message and story through print and electronic materials.
You possess a flair for writing, a keen understanding of successful communication strategies and are looking for a challenging, multifaceted role in which you’ll be called upon to be both a leader and a doer.
We require both big picture thinking and attention to detail. Someone with a strong work ethic, who is accomplished in the fundamentals and is looking for a role to make a meaningful contribution!
The Marketing Communications Specialist – Public Relations, will contribute through:
- Propose annual public relations actions plan, including media monitoring, award submissions, press release schedule
- Write press releases related to product releases and corporate news
- Ensure the proper distribution and follow-up with the press
- Seek out additional press development opportunities, through media relations
- Collaborate with internal and external parties to write/coordinate the execution of white papers, interviews and other articles
- Track and analyze the success of PR initiatives and assess and refine practices
- Keep up to date with industry developments and trends
- Collaborate with Sales team to maintain a list of project references
- Contact Partners to write/edit project references
- Identify and write case studies and project reference articles
- Contribute to the product promotional plan, collaborate with other members of the marketing team to ensure cohesive and integrated communication initiatives
Website and Social Media:
- Create and update content to be posted on our website and Social Media accounts
- In collaboration with other Communications Specialist, assemble content and produce monthly Partner Bulletin, quarterly Consulting Engineer Bulletin, and quarterly “End User” Bulletin
- Participate in campaign brainstorms and creation processes
- Identify advertising placements
- Track and analyze the success of campaigns and other marketing initiatives
- Act as a subject matter expert as required on corporate projects that involve any of the general or specific responsibilities shown or as directed by the Director of Marketing and Communications.
- Collaborate with other members of the marketing team to ensure cohesive and integrated communication initiatives
- Maintain communication with, and collaborate with, other Distech Controls offices and Partners to ensure consistent messaging, branding and coordinated efforts and releases worldwide.
Qualifications - Required
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in similar position
- Bachelors in marketing, communications or other equivalent
- Experience preparing and sending press releases via PR software or platform (Vocus)
- Excellent English communication skills – equivalent to TOEFL High/Good performance levels in all categories.
- French required
- Other languages considered an asset: Spanish, Portuguese, German, Arabic
- Candidate must have demonstrated:
- Communication skills: listening, writing and speaking
- Experience in developing and executing effective marketing communications.
- Exceptional eye for detail, editorial judgment and grammatical skills
- Planning and organizing skills.
- Research and analytical skills, to create compelling, quality driven and error free content
- Interpersonal skills and be able to collaborate with multiple internal and external persons; be a strong team player
- Creativity and interest in keeping up-to-date with design and advertising trends
- Self-starter, quick learner and winning attitude
- Energetic and driven with a strong sense of urgency