The Co-operators Group Limited is a Canadian-owned co-operative. Through its group of companies it offers home, auto, life, group, travel, commercial and farm insurance, as well as investment products. The Co-operators is well known for its community involvement and its commitment to sustainability. The Co-operators is ranked #1 among the 50 Best Corporate Citizens inCanadaby Corporate Knights, and listed among the 50 Best Employers inCanada. As a proud member and supporter of the co-operative sector, The Co-operators is pleased to celebrate 2012: The International Year of Co-operatives. For more information visit www.cooperators.ca.
This role manages the development of marketing communication and support materials and programs, directs creative and copy development and manages production and distribution functions for assigned projects. This includes working with key groups of individuals to ensure marketing communications are consistent, timely, accurate, and support our key values. Manages the subject matter expert process to deliver accurate, high quality and timely communications. Liaises with the field, product areas, legal, other marketing staff and Head Office support, and vendors/suppliers.
- ·Five (5) years related experience in a marketing/insurance environment to understand the intricacies of graphic design, print production and marketing communication.
- ·Experience in financial services/insurance.
- ·Proven experience in writing.
- ·Strong oral and written communication skills; writing skills to include business writing, technical writing, creative writing and writing for the Web.
- ·Post secondary diploma in marketing or business with additional relevant training from professional industry organizations.
- ·Experience working with agencies, printers and other marketing services providers as part of delivering marketing and advertising projects.
- ·Well organized with strong attention to detail, flexibility and proven initiative.
- ·Must be able to multi-task, manage differing priorities and deal with confidential information.
- ·Strong working knowledge of personal computer and software applications (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Lotus Notes) and internet principles and practices.
- A full time position with one the 50 Best Employers In Canada
- Opportunity for career development including education opportunities, continuous training and career planning
- Flexible schedules to manage work/life commitments including personal days off
- Commitment to staff wellness including a comprehensive employee assistance program
- A generous compensation package including a competitive salary, a pension and benefits program ranked in the Top 30 in Canada, share purchase and employee incentive programs and paid vacation
- Opportunity to give back to your community through a directed donations program and paid volunteer days