The word “henka” means change in Japanese and that’s where our company name is derived. At Henkaa, everything changes and our core product is the fashionable Sakura convertible dress, which is essentially one dress that can change to infinite styles. Our dresses suit many purposes and occasions including maternity wear, holiday/special event wear, travel/everyday wear and most importantly, our primary focus, bridal and bridesmaid wear.
The Henkaa brand was started locally in Toronto, we proudly manufacture domestically in Canada and our sales have grown exponentially on a global scale. We are currently looking for full time a marketing communication & sales coordinator to join our fast paced team and take part in our quest to become the dominant vendor in the convertible dress market.
Are you a great problem solver with an entrepreneurial spirit at heart? Are you passionate about helping people and making them happy? Are you knowledgeable on and enjoy social media marketing tools like Facebook and Twitter? If so, you may be who we’re looking for!
As the Marketing Communications & Sales Coordinator, you will have the opportunity to be exposed to and participate in all levels of the business from customer service to the management strategy level. We want a positive, motivated, flexible and customer service focused individual who can embrace our dynamic culture and is eager to be a part of something really big. The role will evolve and there is a tremendous opportunity for growth as we grow.
What you will do?
Below is a non-exhaustive list of the types of tasks and responsibilities that will be assigned:
- Marketing: Events, Communications, Public Relations & Online / Social Media Marketing
- Monitor and regularly contribute to Henkaa’s Facebook page, Twitter account, website and blog.
- Perform marketing research and seek out popular forums, blogs and social media outlets for advertising and PR opportunities
- Assist with building and administering customer database including production of newsletters and communications.
- Assist with planning and provide administrative support for tradeshows, events, photo/video shoots
- Assist with the execution and management of online marketing, sales and promotions
- Assist with miscellaneous administrative and creative tasks as required
- Sales and Customer Service
- Act as primary point person for all email, telephone or social media initiated inquires from customers, vendors and colleagues
- Follow-up with customers to solicit feedback, photos and testimonials to gauge customer satisfaction, build our gallery and find areas for improvement
- Work closely with fulfillment team to ensure all orders are promptly and properly filled
- Monitor the retail store and assist customers with sales, dress fittings and styling appointments
- Track, count and maintain inventory and generate reports for management as needed
Does this sound like you?
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Courteous, out-going, positive and friendly
- Strong work ethic, disciplined and a self-starter
- Resourceful and well organized
- Able to work effectively independently or within a team
- Comfortable and effective under pressure and working in an dynamic work environment
- Quick learner with proactive attitude, sound judgement and strong problem solving skills
- Previous experience as a retail sales or customer service representative is a bonus
At Henkaa, we are constantly changing and adapting as we continually strive to make our company better and to provide a great, challenging and creative experience for our employees and customers alike. If you feel like you would be a great fit and would thrive in this role, then we want to hear from you!
Please send us your cover letter, resume and salary expectations.