Pentair is an S&P 500 diversified industrial company with $7 billion in revenue and 30,000 employees worldwide. A global leader, Pentair provides solutions to help its customers manage water use, deliver safe and sustainable energy, meet the world's increasing demand for food, and support, maintain and protect critical processes. Organized as four global businesses which include Valves & Controls, Flow & Filtration Solutions, Water Quality Systems and Technical Solutions, the company operates as One Pentair, driven by purpose, led by vision, guided by process, and united by its Win Right Values.
Business Unit Overview
Technical Solutions, a global business unit of Pentair, provides solutions for enclosing, protecting, and cooling electrical and electronic systems to support automation, control and communication needs. Our products provide a comprehensive range of solutions to the commercial, communications, energy, electronics, industrial, infrastructure, medical, and security and defense markets. Technical Solutions also provides heat management solutions for industrial, commercial and residential applications.
The Marketing Communications Project Manager will report to the Marketing and Communications Manager and is responsible for the development and execution of marketing projects, website management, initiatives and programs related to communication, promotions, special events and public relations. This position offers considerable opportunities to leverage and develop skills in market research, branding and project management.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Contributes to the development and executes marketing programs to achieve stated objectives regarding revenue, profitability, and market share.
- Coordinating all aspects of Nuheat’s online presence. In addition to writing, editing and proofreading site content, this person will also work closely with the technical team to maintain site standards with regard to new development; including SEO and tracking website stats.
- Assist with market research initiatives including competitive intelligence research.
- Manage planning and implementation of tradeshows and exhibits.
- Manage distribution of leads and track follow-up process.
- Create/develop major presentations, SPIF sheets, pricing templates.
- Manage direct marketing campaigns from planning to delivery and measurement of effectiveness, including newsletter creation and distribution, email campaigns, online and print advertising.
- Manage prospect and customer database management and input for direct marketing campaigns.
- Manage collateral projects as defined by Marketing Department: content collection, production and printing/distribution and inventory management.
- Maintain files and information for key vendors such as contacts, solution description, active deals, regional contacts, agreements, and specific product information/versions of integration, marketing events, seminars, quotes, RFPs and website content.
- Liaise and facilitate custom creative work with Outside Sales.
- Work and negotiate with external parties (vendors/suppliers).
- Assist in the development of policies and procedures of the Marketing Department’s practices to streamline operations.
- 5 plus years of related marketing experience.
- University degree ideally in marketing or business or equivalent related experience.
- Technical skills required: Word, PowerPoint and advanced Excel. Knowledge in Adobe Creative Suite an asset.
- Purchasing and inventory management experience an asset.
- Project management experience.
- Experience in using web analytic tools, experience with CMS and Google Analytics preferred.
- Good knowledge of web technologies, protocols, and tools; internet marketing skills (including SEO strategies).
- Excellent written and oral communication skills for both external and internal audiences.
- Natural inclination to self-set measures of success and strategies to achieve them.
- Exceptionally adept at learning new concepts with a keen desire for new challenges.
- Strong diplomatic and negotiating skills.
- Possess an inordinate focus on detail.
- Experience with content management systems and knowledge of HTML.
- Ability to work under pressure, meet tight deadlines and prioritize and manage multiple marketing tasks, projects and deadlines with enthusiasm and without jeopardizing quality.