Marketing Communications Manager
WildPlay Element Parks is seeking an energetic Marketing Communications Manager to join our creative, wildly-diverse and wacky team of individuals based in beautiful Victoria, BC.
Fasten your harness; this is your chance to lead the marketing activities for a growing North American adventure brand. With parks located in BC, Alberta and Ontario and soon-to-be expansion into US territory (coming later this year), we’re just getting started on an exciting journey to becoming a household name in adventure recreation.
The Marketing Communications Manager is responsible for connecting North American consumer and investor audiences to a clear, playful and thrilling adventure brand through a variety of online and offline channels. Reporting to the Director of Marketing & Sales, the Manager works closely with the Park Services marketing team, Park Managers and other key internal staff to ensure the successful development and implementation of marketing programs that create awareness and engagement in the market, ultimately delivering guests into a growing park network.
A big thinker with a keen eye for detail, the Marketing Communications Manager has unwavering communications and design capability (both hands on + creative direction) along with a proven track record in creating and implementing successful strategic marketing programs.
Responsibilities and Duties
The Marketing Communications Manager is responsible for:
- Collaborating to create effective marketing and communications strategies and plans;
- Overseeing the timely implementation of local and network-wide promotions in Parks;
- Providing meaningful input into sales and business development strategies;
- Developing and executing public relations and social media strategies, including ongoing content development and implementation/outreach;
- Directing the short and long range activities of marketing agencies and suppliers through briefs and relationship management;
- Monitoring and enhancing the company’s online presence through clear, correct, compelling interactions across a variety of touchpoints
- Coordinating the measurement of marketing activities, providing meaningful insights that support effective decision making;
- Providing creative direction for the development of brand and media assets including photography and video;
- Managing marketing projects; coordinating project resources, deliverables and deadlines;
- Overseeing the accuracy and status of website content, domains, and user functions;
- Executing copywriting and graphic design for print and web materials;
- Developing, editing and proofing marketing materials, through hands on copywriting and design capability;
- Delivering timely and thorough communications to internal teams, ensuring the successful implementation of guest-facing programs and offers at parks;
- Working within a defined marketing budget; approving invoices and tracking department spending;
- Representing WildPlay at industry functions including events and tradeshows.
Required Qualifications and Skills
The Marketing Communications Manager possesses the following qualifications and skills:
- Post-secondary education in communications, marketing, or a related field or equivalent work experience;
- Minimum three to five years of hands on experience in a marketing environment, with bonus points for experience working with tourism and/or adventure brands;
- Strong in applied communications; demonstrated success writing for traditional and online applications media is essential;
- Hands on experience with production and/or creative design;
- Intensely creative and wildly imaginative; you’re unbounded by possibility;
- Well-exercised in media planning and public relations;
- Strong breadth of knowledge and experience with social strategies, from development/oversight and hands on capability in implementing/managing social channels;
- Unwavering attention to detail and accuracy;
- Strong emotional intelligence with the ability to work independently and collaborate as part of a team;
- Well‐organized with an unmatched ability to manage multiple activities simultaneously to accomplish a goal;
- Flexible with the ability to accommodate change (short deadlines, changing priorities);
- Full proficiency working with Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Suite, WordPress and Google products;
- Early-ish adopter; places a high value on technology with the ability to learn new systems and processes with ease.
The Marketing Communications Manager reports to the Director of Marketing & Sales.
The Marketing Communications Manager works a Monday through Friday schedule of full-time work. There are requirements to travel to various site locations when appropriate, as well as working both evenings and weekends, when appropriate and beneficial to their job responsibilities.