Position: Marketing & Communications Manager – f/t contract (18-19 months)
Reports to: Director of Marketing & Communications
Desired start: June 7, 2021
WHO WE ARE
Modo is a co-op founded on social purpose: we transform communities by connecting people with places in a way that’s affordable, convenient, inclusive, and sustainable. Driven by people – not profit – Modo was the first carshare to open shop in BC back in 1997. Our promise is to offer an exceptional carsharing experience.
Modo is a leader in the ever-changing shared mobility space and our brand is well recognized and respected. Our employees share a passion for social impact; it’s what draws us together to do our best. As a key contributor to Modo’s brand, you’ll be making a significant contribution to your community by advancing Modo’s social purpose.
Modo operates on the unceded and shared territories of many First Nations. Unceded because most Indigenous Peoples in this province never entered into Treaty with the Canadian government, and shared because Indigenous lands are not divided by borders. Our main office is located on the unceded and shared ancestral lands of the xʷməθkʷəy̓əm (Musqueam), Sḵwx̱wú7mesh (Squamish), and Sel̓íl̓witulh (Tseil-Waututh) Nations.
We and our members live and work on these lands and our cars move across them. We appreciate and respect the long-standing tradition of Indigenous Peoples in caring for the land. We recognize the harm that is caused to the environment – land, air, and water – through the use of vehicles, and commit to reducing that harm as a core part of our Purpose.
Modo is proud to be a certified Living Wage Employer in BC, and we actively strive to build a team that reflects the diversity of the communities we serve – including diversity in thought and experience – leading to more innovation. We are seeking an experienced individual to join our small but mighty Marketing Team for a duration of 18 to 19 months.
WHAT YOU – OUR MARKETING & COMMUNICATIONS MANAGER – WILL DO
Our Marketing Team members include Modo’s Director of Marketing & Communications and our Social Media Specialist. This team is well-adapted to the fast-paced demands of serving Modo’s three growing markets – Greater Victoria, Okanagan, and Metro Vancouver – and working collaboratively in a remote environment.
As our Marketing & Communications Manager, you will lead the delivery of Modo communications across multiple internal/external channels and touchpoints. Your input and feedback will also be sought to help guide strategic direction where it comes to communicating social impact. If you’re a co-op enthusiast, you may be thrilled to know you’ll be mentored by and reporting to Modo’s Director of Marketing & Communications, a highly respected professional in the co-op and social purpose space. This role is perfect for someone driven by social purpose, can hit the ground running, and have (just a little) fun doing it.
Here’s what we are looking for, in a candidate of choice:
- a degree or diploma in Marketing or a related field such as Communications
- 5+ years in a Marketing or Communications role, managing multiple comms channels, building brand awareness, and maintaining brand voice
- exceptional writing skills, especially with communicating social impact
- previous experience managing projects, working cross-functionally and in collaborative environments
- previous experience with automated email tools and web content management tools (specifically WordPress)
It would be awesome, though, if you had these too:
- previous experience in market research, surveys, and/or advisory panels
- knowledge of SEO and Google Analytics and implementing reporting systems
- some experience coaching junior team members and comfort with providing feedback
ATTRIBUTES WE ARE LOOKING FOR
Just as valuable to Modo are qualities that would help you be successful in this role. We would love to welcome you to our team if you have:
- a true passion for social purpose and working with purpose-led organizations
- the ability to build on organizational purpose, and translate purpose through brand communication
- some lived experience that offers insight to communicating with broad and diverse audiences
- comfort with speaking with internal and external audiences of all levels
- strong personal initiative with the ability to be self-directed and work independently
- a service-oriented attitude and willingness to pitch in and collaborate across teams
WHAT WE OFFER OUR EMPLOYEES
The best thing about working at Modo is our people. Everyone feels strongly connected to Modo’s purpose, and we respect one another and foster a sense of belonging.
You’ll have the continued support of a close-knit team who are committed to your success. Modo also invests in your training and development, and we offer attractive health and wellness benefits. These include a comprehensive extended health and dental plan, generous sick days, a monthly health and fitness benefit, and a discount on Modo usage!
This role is flexible – we're open to exploring a 4- or 5-day work week. Our main office is physically situated in Vancouver and our work culture is dynamic between office-based work and remote work (even when it’s not coronavirus times! – but right now we’re all working safely from home). Modo will provide you with a laptop for access to all required systems.
Perfect your job application with VisualCV so you can get hired faster!