Have you wondered what it’s like to work for one of BC’s Top Employers?
Well, come work for FINCAD and find out. Since 2009, we have been recognized as being one of BC’s Top Employers for 5 consecutive years.
Are you passionate about working with a team that creates world class software? Do you have an interest in the financial markets? Do you want to work in a dynamic environment with colleagues who are striving to meet high-growth objectives? And perhaps you’d like to work with smart, passionate, and all-around awesome people? If so, you should keep reading…
Headquartered just outside of Vancouver, BC, with an office in Dublin, Ireland, FINCAD has been providing software to the financial industry for more than 20 years and is the leading provider of financial analytics technology, enabling global market participants to make informed hedging and investment decisions. FINCAD’s solutions support the valuation, reporting and risk management of derivatives and fixed income portfolios.
We are currently looking for a Marketing Communications Manager to lead all media relations, internal, and external communications for FINCAD. This role will be responsible for writing clear and compelling materials that motivate each targeted audience to take action, using corporate, industry, and technical information. FINCAD is committed to supporting ambitious professionals who want to co-invest in developing themselves to their full potential.
I am an organized, driven, results focused professional with a true passion for marketing. I am an excellent communicator and I have a way with words that allows me to convey messages to different audiences. I am a creative thinker that would relish the challenge of finding different ways of leveraging media to maximize company exposure. I thrive in a high tech environment and the idea of combining finance and software intrigues me. I am looking for a role that allows me to directly contribute to the success of the company. I am looking to join a growing company that truly values teamwork, honesty, integrity, delivering results, and putting customers first.
What We Will Ask of You
Reporting to the VP, Marketing & Product Management, the Marketing Communications Manager will work as part of a cohesive marketing team and will be responsible for all internal and external communications for FINCAD, plus, managing media relations with 3rd party agencies to generate local and international press exposure in broadcast media and print/online publications to create positive perceptions in target markets and the local community.
Specifically, you will be expected to:
- Write, edit and publish compelling marketing content for specific target audiences, leveraging content from segment marketing manager.
- Write clear, concise material that positively shapes the perceptions of the media, community, customers, and partners about FINCAD and its solutions.
- Write and edit news releases, newsletters, case studies and other corporate documents targeted for each audience.
- Draft and review content for social media calendar
- Support writing and editing of sales and marketing collateral targeting key audiences.
- Support development of presentation and webinar content.
- Work with external agencies to drive public and media relation strategies and activities to raise awareness across all target markets, including business and trade press and non-traditional channels.
- Develop relationships with media contacts and seek out opportunities to place articles and arrange interviews and product reviews.
- Facilitate placement of company spokespeople for interviews, panels, or other discussions.
- Maximize company exposure at or in conjunction with product launches and external industry events, and recognize potential news stories to leverage.
- Manage database(s) to enable reporting on media exposure.
- Ensure employees understand and comply with media policies.
- Review or re-purpose marketing materials for print and online.
- Work with the Graphic Designer to update product literature, including brochures, and other printed and electronic material.
- Work with Graphic Designer in copywriting, design, layout, and production of ads and/or promotional materials.
- Various project management assignments.
- Communicate internal PR roadmaps and plans.
- Act as liaison with HR to facilitate internal employee communications.
What You’ll Need
- 5-7 years experience in high-tech PR or communications.
- Excellent writing and verbal communication skills, including technology-related topics.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Ability to juggle multiple projects, and a keen eye for detail.
- Ability to make quick decisions and formulate plans under tight deadlines, sometimes without complete information.
- Ability to work well under pressure, meet deadlines, and thrive in a fast-paced, intellectually challenging, and performance-driven environment.
- Ability to work with a variety of subject matter experts, both business and technical, to tailor content appropriately for target customers/partners.
- Ability to work in a mature and professional manner with senior executives.
- Ability to effectively manage projects from start to finish.
- Flexibility to change direction on projects when necessary or in response to feedback from senior decision makers.
- Strong communication skills with an ability to convey complex information to a range of audiences.
- Creative and strategic thinker.
- Self-motivated and resourceful.
- Portfolio of recent work.
What’s In It for You?
In addition to our competitive compensation and benefits package, we offer all employees:
- A company that values its employees and believes in creating a positive work environment with a results-oriented performance-based culture
- A culture that strongly believes in personal growth, offering employees ongoing professional development and opportunities to grow and develop within the organization
- Offices that are bright, airy and 100% open-plan. Everyone enjoys the bright natural light from floor to ceiling windows with a spectacular 360 degree view of the Coastal Mountains and surrounding urban areas. We are conveniently located next to a Skytrain station (literally across the parking lot)
- Our Ministry of Fun that organizes regular social and sporting activities for employees and their families, including monthly socials and company anniversary celebrations
- An opportunity to give back to the community through FINCAD HOPE [Helping Other People Effectively] – our employee managed charitable program that enables you to get involved with deserving community projects and make a difference.
- Support for a positive work/life balance through free use of the on-site fitness centre, choice of free parking or a transit subsidy, and 4 weeks’ vacation on hire