Reporting to the Manager of Marketing & Social Media, the marketing communications coordinator will participate in the creation, execution and communication of marketing initiatives for Elmwood Spa, elmspa and Bangkok Garden restaurant. The coordinator will work closely with the marketing, spa services and food & beverage departments on the planning, execution and follow up of various projects. Requires creativity and strong writing skills with a keen eye for detail along with the ability to maintain brand equity across all channels. Understands the importance of and promotes the Company’s Mission, Vision and Values.
This position will work across a broad range of marketing areas, with responsibilities including:
- Write and edit all copy related to marketing and corporate activities including: social media, email communications/newsletter, promotional material, web content, spa articles, proposals and ad copy.
- Media Relations – establish relationships with key media and bloggers, identify opportunities for coverage and create pitches and press releases.Identify potential partners and develop affinity programs.
Advertising and Promotions
- Write creative copy for advertisements, promotions and marketing campaigns.
- Draft internal communications relating to promotions and new initiatives.
- Assist in the planning and execution of marketing and promotions plans, including tracking of marketing expenditures and issuing purchase orders.
- Project Management of approved marketing and promotional initiatives; coordinate marketing projects with graphic designer(s), media sales representatives, printers and internal contacts.
- Participate in the development and execution of annual advertising and promotions calendars. Coordinate internal events and participate in external trade and consumer shows.
Digital and Social Media
- CRM- collaborate with graphic designer(s) on e-newsletter and all promotional emails, managing all elements including content and data to increase email subscribers, open rates and click through rate.
- Track, monitor and develop content for, consisting of, but not limited to social media including Facebook, Twitter and Trip Advisor; develop and regularly update monthly content calendars.
- Measure and track digital media, Google analytics and SEM campaigns; update reports and suggest opportunities for improvement.
- Coordinate updates to company websites, ensuring that all content is current and accurate, and that various web elements are functioning properly, including e-commerce portion.
- Post-Secondary education in communications, public relations, marketing or related field is required
- Minimum 2 years marketing/communications experience. Agency experience an asset.
- Digital Advertising experience strongly preferred
- Minimum 1 year social media experience
- Strong communication skills both oral and written including excellent grammar skills
- Must be able to work flexible hours and accommodate last-minute requests
- Excellent organizational, planning and project management skills
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft PowerPoint, Excel and Word; use of design software an asset.
- Highly energetic team player with a strong customer focus, highly developed interpersonal communication skills and ability to work independently
- Ability to work effectively within fast paced environments
- Highly proactive and motivated to succeed
- Knowledge of SEM, SEO, PPC campaigns an asset.