Accept the Challenge!
Are you looking for an exciting career with a company that encourages entrepreneurial spirit, creative thinking and believes in recognizing and rewarding its employees and giving its employees opportunities to grow?
For over 37 years Challenger’s driving force and greatest asset has been its people. Challenger has always placed high priority on finding the right fit for the right people and creating an atmosphere for growth and development. We are one of the leading transportation companies in North America and a Platinum Award Winner as one of Canada’s 50 Best Privately Managed companies for 10 consecutive years thanks to the dedication, experience and skill of our employees.
Challenger is an equal opportunity employer fostering a community of employees working together for one common purpose: delivering on our customer promise through leading edge sales, service and technology.
We are currently looking for a Communications and Marketing Coordinator to join our Sales Department.
The role is to provide value to both the internal sales organization and the client base by increasing communications and building brand loyalty. The key day to day requirements of this role is to look after every aspect of the marketing and communications while dealing with other internal functional areas and suggest those ways and methods that can help the firm to achieve targets. Market analysis as it pertains to customer satisfaction, marketing plans, strategies, campaigns, as well as managing the social media requirements round out the key components of the role. Overall the goal is to support the sales program so that the firm will achieve its corporate targets.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Researching, writing, editing, proof reading and producing high quality and distinctive print and electronic (newsletters, reports, social media) and communications
- Research potential market trends, opportunities for both inside and outside sales teams
- Conduct market analysis to help determine best areas to promote Challenger groups of products & services
- To execute and analyze the success of marketing campaigns and advertisements.
- Work with the sales team to develop case studies, templates, and customer appreciation letters and interpret customer purchasing statistics.
- Develop realistic marketing strategies, objectives, targets and measures.
- Manage online marketing campaigns and publish write ups on blogs and social networking websites.
- Participate in press meetings, product launch and writing press releases.
- Develop monthly updates of pricing trends, submissions & RFP's and keep an update about pricing trends & successes
- Manage marketing newsletters and use latest technology for achieving a greater audience.
- Represent the firm in corporate events, industrial meets, trade shows and marketing conferences.
- Build a score card system for evaluating the quality of our service
- Futuristic analysis of the market trends
- Analyze and track weekly sales spend and budget meet annual budget
- Basic ongoing reporting and analysis, including: sales reports/analysis, CRM reports, trade spending analysis, expense reports, monthly report
- Follow all company policies, ethics and company procedures
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Graduate of a university or technical college with a focus on communications, marketing and web based technology
- Experience planning and coordinating website content; writing for and maintaining, social media, Internet and Intranet websites
- Ability to produce superior work in a constantly changing environment
- Impeccable professional writing, editing and proofreading skills
- Capacity to write effective, engaging, and compelling copy for a variety of communications materials
- Demonstrate a strong ability to manage multiple writing assignments simultaneously while adhering to demanding timelines
- Graphic design experience and desktop publishing skills
- Creative, critical thinking, attention to detail and relationship building skills
- Experience in photography and digital images related to website/communications applications would be an asset.
- Extremely organized, flexible, proactive and creative.