Job ID: J0615-1040
Job type: Temporary full time
PURPOSE AND ACCOUNTABILITY
Promotes iA Financial Group to Independent Financial Advisors through Managing General Agents so that sales of life and investment products increase by:
- Training agents on IA software and products
- Supporting sales activities
- Relationship Marketing
- Liaising with Head Office administrative departments
1. Contribute to increased sales revenue for Individual Insurance and investment products by performing the following functions:
The promotion, largely by way of field (out-of-office) training and marketing support, of iA's products to life insurance agents and financial planners through their respective agencies. The intention is to educate and motivate agents to support iAP with a meaningful volume of insurance and investments applications.
The Marketing Associate will contribute to increased sales revenues for life and investment products by performing the following sales development activities:
- Help build effective business relationships with the insurance and investment advisors and administration staff of our Managing General Agencies;
- Train all or any of the above individuals regarding iA products, sales concepts and illustration software, as well as the iA administrative process, including a clearer understanding of our contracting, Extranet and commission programs;
- Arranging and conducting training needs analysis for agents in consultation with their MGA's and AGA's;
- Preparing and managing training schedules and communication to agents;
- Participating in road shows for new iA products and services;
- Attending conferences as a delegate or iA exhibitor;
- Making suggestions/strategies for placement of intermediate level cases.
- Providing technical and product advice to agents. On an ad hoc basis: Case preparation, packaging of cases and specialty business;
- Monitoring the training activities and any directly resultant increase in business;
- Receiving and recording MGA/Agents feedback regarding product/software concerns to help improve for future releases;
2. Contribute to overall efficiency of Individual Insurance & Annuities operation by performing the following support and administrative functions:
- Responding to inquiries through telephone, email, written correspondence, or in person, in a timely and professional manner;
- Creating and revising presentations using Power Point software;
- Participating in product development meetings and helping review marketing material;
- Developing MGA campaigns, sales awards and certificates in to recognize personal producers;
- Providing life insurance and annuity quotes;
- Training agents via telephone or in person about using our software, our products, completion of all applications/forms;
- Occasionally acting as a resource for product information for calls forwarded from other departments, such as CSR’s regarding agent inquiries about our products and their suitability.
- High School Diploma and College Marketing Diploma
- LOMA designations (ACS, AIAA), CLU, CFP, LLQP or other related qualifications would be an asset
- 2 - 3 years of insurance/investment background
- Good presentation skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills; ability to deal effectively with a wide variety of people. Able to influence and motivate our business partners
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment
- Good organization and planning skills with a strong ability to meet tight deadlines. Able to delegate effectively
- Detail oriented
- Strong written communication skills
- Strong analytical skills and good mathematical aptitude
- Intermediate to advanced computer knowledge (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) and an ability to work with mainframe computer systems and a solid understanding of the Internet.
- Good knowledge of Canadian insurance illustration software
- Valid driver’s license.