Sysco is the global leader in selling, marketing and distributing food products, equipment and supplies to restaurants, healthcare and educational facilities, lodging establishments and other customers who prepare meals away from home. We have a forty year history of consistent success and now serve over 400,000 customers, delivering approximately 1.3 billion cases yearly. (NYSE: SYY)
The Marketing Associate supports operational and financial goals by generating profitable sales business within a defined territory. Individuals in this position are committed to providing the exceptional level of service and innovative solutions that differentiate Sysco in the marketplace. This is a full-time commission sales position.
- Delivering sales and service excellence to customers while meeting or exceeding yearly goals.
- Building strong relationships and partnerships with internal and external customers to develop loyalty and leverage sales effectiveness.
- Conducting prospecting and follow-up to secure profitable new business opportunities.
- Participating in business reviews, food shows or other marketing initiatives.
- Understanding, upholding and complying with Sysco’s policies and procedures, e.g. special orders, credit, returns, health and safety.
- Liaising with all departments routinely to ensure ongoing efficiency and prompt attention to customers.
- Promoting Sysco Brands and value added services as points of differentiation.
- Post-secondary education in a business related field
- 2-3 years outside sales and/or Foodservice / Hospitality experience needed
- Clean Criminal check and Driver’s Abstract
- Technology savvy; proficient with popular software programs and E-commerce concepts
- Individuals must reside in the area
Preference will be given to those who have excellent interpersonal skills including initiative, communications, project management and time management.
Sysco’s Vision is to be our customers’ most valued and trusted business partner.Sysco’s Mission is to market and deliver great products to our customers with exceptional service.
We offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds expectations.
Sysco is committed to Employment Equity. Accommodations during the recruitment process are available upon request for candidates with disabilities.
Here’s a sample of the many benefits Sysco associates enjoy:
Comprehensive Flexible Benefits including Health and Dental, Health Care Spending and Wellness Accounts • Short-Term and Long-Term Disability •Life Insurance • Company Pension Plan • Group RRSP • Employee and Family Assistance • Stock Purchase Plan • Unlimited on-line learning through Sysco Interactive University • Sysco product discounts • Preferred vendor discounts • Free on-site parking • Employee appreciation events •
(*benefits may vary based on location or bargaining unit)