Sysco is the global leader in selling, marketing and distributing food products to restaurants, healthcare and educational facilities, lodging establishments and other customers who prepare meals away from home.
Sysco’s Mission is to market and deliver great products to our customers with exceptional service.
Sysco’s Vision is to be our customers’ most valued and trusted business partner.
We offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute in the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds expectations.
The Marketing Associate supports operational and financial goals by generating profitable business within a defined territory. Individuals in this position are committed to providing the exceptional level of service and innovative solutions that differentiate Sysco in the marketplace.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Delivering sales and service excellence to customers while meeting or exceeding yearly goals.
- Building strong relationships and partnerships with internal and external customers to develop loyalty and leverage sales effectiveness.
- Conducting prospecting and follow-up to secure profitable new business opportunities.
- Participating in business reviews, food shows or other marketing initiatives.
- Understanding, upholding and complying with Sysco’s policies and procedures, e.g. special orders, credit, returns, health and safety.
- Liaising with all departments routinely to ensure ongoing efficiency and prompt attention to customers.
- Promoting Sysco Brands and value added services as points of differentiation.
- Post-secondary education in a business related field.
- 2-3 years outside sales and/or Foodservice / Hospitality experience needed.
- Clean Criminal check and Driver’s Abstract.
- Technology savvy; proficient with popular software programs and E-commerce concepts.
All Sysco associates demonstrate positive behaviors in the following areas:
• Innovation • Communication • Building Partnerships • Customer Focus
To be successful in this position, the candidate will also demonstrate successfully:
• Sales Disposition • Managing Work (Includes Time Management) • Building Customer Loyalty • Business Savvy • Sustaining Customer Satisfaction • Emotional Intelligence & Energy
We thank all candidates for their interest, however only those being considered will be contacted directly. Drivers abstracts and criminal record checks will be conducted as a condition of employment
Sysco is committed to Employment Equity.