St. Michaels University School is seeking a marketing associate. Reporting to the director of marketing and communications, this full-time, year-round position will play an important role in SMUS’s strategy for recruiting new boarding and day students.
Working as part of a team that includes writers/content developers, photographers, videographers and website developers, you will be responsible primarily for digital marketing and content integration, ensuring the content we produce gets the broadest possible exposure across a variety of media.
You will also be tasked with understanding our current markets and how their numbers, habits and preferences are evolving, as well as determining which outreach strategies work best with them. You will also develop relationships with traditional and new media to drive coverage and exposure.
Success in this position will be measured by increasing admissions inquiries and applications.
- You are a marketing professional with at least five years of experience; preferably in a B2C context (education marketing experience is an asset but is not required)
- You have a passion for understanding audiences and addressing their needs by creating and managing social media and content marketing strategies, including the ability to orchestrate every detail and then measure results
- You have knowledge of how to leverage social networks to enhance content performance and nurture current prospects
- You have lots of energy and are excited by making connections with people
- You are comfortable putting yourself forward as the school’s representative, particularly in a wide range of online forums
- You already know how to use or can quickly teach yourself to use key technologies in our content platform: Adobe Photoshop, WordPress, MailChimp, Drupal web content management system, Google Analytics, Excel, Word, Powerpoint, etc.
About St. Michaels University School
St. Michaels University School is one of Canada’s leading co-educational, independent day and boarding schools. It was recently recognized by the College Board as the top school in Canada for Advanced Placement Equity and Excellence as well as placing among the top 60 schools worldwide.
Our boarding population is recruited nationally and internationally to form a rich and diverse community. Our graduates attend the top universities in the world, many of them on scholarships. The faculty culture of excellence is supported by healthy professional development resources and a dynamic program of professional growth, which has earned them national and international recognition, including several Prime Minister’s Teaching Awards.
SMUS is currently implementing a strategic plan built around our vision, “To learn, to lead, to serve; discovering the promise in our selves and the world.” This translates into a pervasive culture of fulfillment for students and staff, facility renewal, redevelopment, endowment growth, and excellence in our academic and extra-curricular programs.
For more information about St. Michaels University School, viist us at www.smus.ca.