Do you live in Vancouver? Are you a creative thinker? Do you have experience marketing with small businesses and startups? Camp Tech is looking for you! We are currently seeking a savvy and creative Marketing Associate to represent us in Vancouver.
WHO WE ARE
Camp Tech provides half- and full-day in-person workshops for adults who want to learn web and digital skills. We create a welcoming environment for those who are hesitant about technology, and we emphasize skills that can be put into practice right away. Our motto is: friendly, fun, practical and professional. We love technology and we want everyone else to love it too!
You will be responsible for growing Camp Tech’s presence in Vancouver. This means researching local businesses, and promoting Vancouver workshops. Potential ‘happy campers’ are everywhere, and it takes a savvy go-getter to find them.
- Finding new PR opportunities
- Researching the Vancouver market to find out where potential ‘happy campers’ are
- Promoting Vancouver workshops through online event listing submissions
- Emailing businesses and bloggers for opportunities to promote Camp Tech
- Occasionally represent Camp Tech at events and network in person
5 paid hours a week, with flexible hours. This ongoing position is perfect for a freelancer or contract employee with flexible time. You don’t need to work in the tech industry to do this job well (although we do love nerds).
AWESOME ASSETS WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- Experience marketing with small businesses and/or startups
- An understanding and awareness of the Vancouver business scene
- Someone with creative, savvy marketing ideas
- Strong people skills and an outgoing, enthusiastic nature
- Social media experience with Twitter, Facebook and Instagram
Deadline to apply is August 14, 2015. Candidates must be located in Vancouver.