Join the Global Community of Scotiabankers to help customers become financially better off.
A Best Workplace
Scotiabank is a premier financial institution and Canada’s most international bank recognized as a Best Workplace®, in Canada, Mexico, El Salvador, Costa Rica, Puerto Rico, Dominican Republic, Panama, Peru, Chile and Latin America by the Great Place to Work® Institute.
A multinational winning team
Scotiabank is Canada’s international bank and a leading financial services provider in North America, Latin America, the Caribbean and Central America, and parts of Asia. We are dedicated to helping our 21 million customers become better off through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management, corporate and investment banking.
Corporate Social Responsibility
Scotiabank helps to build bright futures worldwide through ethical banking practices, environmental awareness and a commitment to communities.
Incorporating the key personal investment and advisory activities within the Scotiabank, Global Wealth Management provides a full range of products and services that encompass retail brokerage, investment management advice, mutual funds and savings products, and financial planning and private client services for affluent clients.
The Insurance Marketing Associate is to provide a combination of in-force, marketing and sales support to one or more Insurance Consultants.
- Provide sales support to Insurance Consultants by:
- Tracking prospects on SmartOffice and following up on them with the Insurance Consultant
- Preparing all necessary new business documentation (i.e. applications, CA-89, referral forms, etc.) for the Insurance Consultant’s meeting with client/advisor to ensure compliance.
- Completing insurance applications with client for smaller insurance cases as required.
- Acting as main point of contact for back-office in following up with IC/advisor/client for any documentation that is necessary for the underwriting process.
- Provide In-force support to Insurance Consultant Teams by:
- Providing inforce illustrations
- Facilitating service requests/changes for in-force policies including helping advisors complete applicable forms (i.e. Title, Banking, Address, Fund Allocation, Death Claim, Duplicate policy, Cancellations) and sending these to the carriers including following up on their completion.
- Facilitating requests for quotes on Cash Surrender Values (CSV), Loans and Adjusted Cost Basis (ACB).
- Running premium reminder reports on a monthly basis and sending them to the advisors.
- Running term conversion reports from SmartOffice or from the carrier on potential revenue-generating opportunities.
- Assisting the advisor on the review and handling of anniversary statements and urgent notices (i.e. lapse, last payment reminders, etc.)
- Reviewing anniversary statement with original illustration to ensure values are onside.
- Assisting in the follow-up of orphan re-assignments from departed advisors.
- Resolving any administrative problems on inforce business.
- Responding to policy inquiries from advisors and IC/BDA.
- Updating SmartOffice with relevant inforce events.
- Review Agent of Record (AORs) forms for completeness, licensing requirement and accuracy before submission to SWIS Head Office for processing,
- Provide sales and marketing support by:
- Running quotes and illustrations when requested by ICs and advisors utilizing multiple insurance company software programs and internal spreadsheet templates;
- Corresponding with advisors and ICs when non-administrative questions arise;
- Distributing promotional and marketing material on an ad-hoc or regular basis;
- Discussing marketing strategies with ICs and BDAs and then helping to implement them.
- Facilitate sales and educational opportunities by:
- Setting up client and advisor meetings;
- Assisting with seminars – organizing, registering participants, sending out CE certificates;
- Organizing lunch and learn sessions for advisors when required.
- Maintain/obtain accurate and updated client and advisor data by:
- Inputting information into client relationship management database;
- Maintaining complete records of any documentation, communication, and notes in client files;
- Calling clients and advisors when missing information is required;
- Handle other administrative duties as required by:
- Processing incoming and outgoing mail and couriers;
- Ensuring that any calls, faxes, and e-mails are attended and responded to in a timely fashion
- Ensuring forms supply are of the most recent version;
- Placing orders to restock material before they run out completely;
- Coordinating orders for any advisors who require documents;
- Submitting and following up on IC expenses.
- Assist in arranging IC travel arrangements;
- Keeping IC schedules current
- Contribute to the effective functioning of the SMW Insurance team by:
- Participating actively in team learning development activities and team performance achievements.
- Building effective working relationships across the team and with various business line and corporate function contacts
- Maintaining a high level of customer service
- Facilitating a culture of open and honest communication
- Actively participating and contributing to touch bases and team meetings
- Encouraging the generation of new ideas and approaches
- Actively share knowledge and experience to enhance the development of all team members
- Developing and executing a meaningful employee development plan
The Marketing Associate must have:
- Life insurance license (LLQP)
- Must have a minimum of 3+ years of experience in insurance industry;
- Willingness to enhance educational qualifications through obtaining CFP or CLU designations;
- Thorough knowledge of insurance company software and spreadsheet presentation templates
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Strong knowledge of the life insurance industry;
- Driver’s license required.
Scotiabank is committed to providing an inclusive and accessible candidate experience. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. If you require accommodation during the recruitment and selection process, please let us know. We will work with you to meet your needs.