This position is responsible for providing administrative and marketing support to the Marketing Director to ensure the successful execution of the annual Marketing Plan and all marketing initiatives.
Duties / Responsibilities
- Oversee all non-profit organization requests for the use of the Common Area space, including coordinating and organizing the necessary forms, contracts, and insurance and ensuring regular communication with staff regarding the use of space. Build relationships with charitable organizations within the trade area.
- Update the marketing content for the website on a regular basis and assist the Marketing Director with monitoring the centre’s social media accounts.
- Coordinate the design, production, and distribution of both the printed retailer newsletter and shopper e-newsletter.
- Monitor the media for advertising as well as publicity and community interest articles.
- Assist Marketing Director with proofing of advertising and publicity pieces.
- Assist with the coordination and logistical planning for promotions, events, and special projects, while working within the objectives and budgetary controls; prepare timely event recaps following each event.
- Attend and supervise centre promotions and special events, as required.
- Administer the centre's gift card program and track miscellaneous income generated from Customer Service.
- Complete daily bank deposits of cash and cheques, as required, and maintain up-to-date records.
- Set-up new vendors in the accounting system, review invoices for accuracy, coordinate vendor payment systems, diligently monitor overdue balances, and follow up with accounts receivable in a timely manner
- Assist the Marketing Director with the collection of results and data for monthly reports.
- Administrative duties such as filing, answering and directing marketing phone inquiries, performing Customer Service functions, and scheduling appointments.
- Maintain regular communication with store managers and personnel; follow up with retail inquiries in a timely manner.
- Other various duties as assigned by the Marketing Director and General Manger.
- Embrace and proactively support Bentall Kennedy's culture of environmental responsibility and social responsibility.
- High school diploma supplemented with post-secondary courses.
- 2-3 years related experience in real estate, marketing, advertising, and/or event planning required.
- Knowledge of accounting, public relations, and customer service is an asset.
- Communication/relationship skills: Ability to communicate effectively both oral and written; strong presentation and good public speaking skills; ability to develop and sustain cooperative, professional working relationships; ability to exercise confidentially; team player.
- Organizational/multi-tasking skills: Ability to allocate time effectively, work under pressure, and manage tight deadlines; ability to handle multiple demands and competing priorities; adapt to new ideas and constant changes.
- Computer skills: Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Publisher, PowerPoint, and Outlook, typing speed of 60WPM with advanced proficiency in spelling, punctuation and grammar. Familiarity with social media.
- Physical demands: Ability to walk distances and occasionally lift and/or move marketing and promotional equipment.
8:30am to 5:00pm Monday to Friday. Must be flexible to work the occasional weekend, evening, and early morning.