The Marketing Assistant will report directly to the Marketing Director and be responsible for the following:
- Assist the Marketing Director with successfully executing a targeted cost efficient annual Marketing Plan for the centre, that utilizes marketing funds to increase centre traffic, merchants’ sales, and market share within a specific trade area.
- Coordinate special events to generate traffic in the centre and build relationships with non-profit groups within the trade area; attend and supervise centre promotions and special events, as required.
- Generate traffic reports and assist the Marketing Director with monthly management reports.
- Administer the centre’s gift card program and perform various accounting functions on a daily basis.
- Collect market information as it becomes available.
- Oversee all requests for the use of the Common Area space in a timely manner, with direction from the Marketing Director.
- Coordinate all necessary forms and contracts with regards to the use of Common Area space, including ensuring that proper insurance forms are received and that an organized file of the Common Area space contracts are maintained.
- Ensure regular and complete communications with the Marketing Director, Maintenance, Security, Customer Service, and other office staff regarding use of the Common Area space, including the coordination of work orders.
- Produce, proof, and distribute monthly newsletter to all centre tenants with direction from the Marketing Director; collect accurate, timely information for use in the newsletter.
- Assist the Marketing Director with the coordination of retailer events (seasonal meetings, retailer appreciation events, etc.).
- Maintain regular communication with store managers and personnel at store level; follow up retailer inquiries in a timely manner.
Adverting & Publicity
- Scan media for centre advertising, competitor advertising, publicity articles, and community interest articles, and maintain up-to-date files of same.
- Compile, update, and maintain a media contact list.
- Assist Marketing Director with proofing of ads.
- Update website on a regular basis, with direction from the Marketing Director; input event updates, job postings, sales and promotions, e-coupons, etc.
- Coordinate the design, production, and distribution of the centre’s monthly e-newsletter to the e-club.
- Assist the Marketing Director with monitoring the centre’s Facebook, Pinterest, and other social media accounts.
Promotions & Events
- Execute special projects as directed by and under the guidance of the Marketing Director; may include orchestration of the promotion, keeping objectives, and budgetary controls in mind.
- Complete work orders to Maintenance for all promotions and events.
- Ensure that event recaps are prepared for every event on a timely basis (photos, contest results, customer and tenant feedback, traffic generated, etc.).
Reports and Results
- Assist the Marketing Director with the collection of results and data for the monthly management reports.
- Prepare weekly traffic reports and ensure the system is functioning correctly at all times; provide the Marketing Director and General Manager of weekly copies of the traffic reports.
- Compile contest results, gift with purchase results, tenant and customer survey results, etc. and use information collection to provide geographical documentation (i.e. geographic mapping by postal codes). Collect fundraising figures, where applicable from groups utilizing Common Area space and from charitable partners.
- Administration of the centre's gift card program using policies and procedures, as directed by and under the guidance of the Marketing Director.
- Administration of miscellaneous income generated from Customer Service, ad space rentals, and seasonal promotions.
- Cash receipts: Daily bank deposit of cash and cheques, as required. Maintain appropriate, up to date records of same.
- Accounts Receivable: Follow up with accounts receivable on a timely manner. Communicate with Marketing Director and Property Accountant on accounts receivable matters as needed.
- Accounts Payable: Coordinate set up of new vendors in accounting system. Sort, code, and batch all payables for approval and processing. VISA vendor payment system – contact and set up suppliers, batching and processing. Investigate overdue balances diligently. Communicate with Accounting staff, Marketing Director, and suppliers as needed.
- Administrative duties such as filing, answering marketing phone inquiries, and making follow up calls.
- Keeping complete open communication with Customer Service on special events, advertising, and merchant activities including help with break relieve as needed (ability to perform all Customer Service functions.)
- Act as a representative for the centre and its merchants at centre activities and external engagements.
- Other various duties as assigned from time to time by the Marketing Director and General Manger.
- High school diploma supplemented with post-secondary courses.
- 1-2 years related experience in real estate, marketing, advertising, and/or event planning required.
- Knowledge of accounting, public relations, and customer service an asset.
- Communication/relationship skills: Ability to communicate effectively both oral and written; strong presentation and good public speaking skills; ability to develop and sustain cooperative, professional working relationships; ability to exercise confidentially; team player.
- Organizational/multi-tasking skills: Ability to allocate time effectively, work under pressure, and manage tight deadlines; ability to handle multiple demands and competing priorities, adapt to new ideas and constant changes.
- Computer skills: Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Publisher, PowerPoint, and Outlook. Familiarity with social media.
- Physical demands: Ability to walk distances and occasionally lift and/or move marketing equipment.
- 8:30am to 5pm Monday to Friday. Must be flexible to work the occasional weekend, evening, and early morning.
This job has expired or been closed by the employer, please visit our home page