The Dilawri Group of Companies, Canada’s largest automotive group, is seeking a full-time Marketing Assistant to join the company’s expanding Vancouver marketing team. The successful candidate will work with the Regional Marketing Manager and the rest of the BC marketing team comprised of a marketing specialist, digital marketing specialist and coordinator, graphic designers and agencies in all aspects of marketing including media, the creative process, event management, and administrative duties to help boost sales and awareness for the company’s BC dealerships representing 13 automotive brands and 18 franchised dealerships.
- Coordinate and manage all co-op activity for all automotive brands who employ the programs.
- Coordinate the execution of targeted marketing tactics through print, radio, OOH, television, direct mail and POP.
- Liaise with automotive manufacturers, sales and service managers, vendors and agencies to execute campaigns based on monthly manufacturer offers and dealership requirements.
- Assist in the in-dealership events, promotions, trade shows, and sponsorship activities.
- Monitor, review and report on all marketing activity and results.
- Conduct campaign analysis to optimize future campaign results.
- Research to identify event and media opportunities, analysis of competitor’s marketing activity.
- Assist in the process within projects such as dealership signage, print and radio advertising.
- Coordinate all the administrative tasks involved with media buying, invoicing and co-op submissions.
- Assist in various social media tasks
- Post secondary diploma/certificate or equivalent experience in marketing/advertising.
- 1-2 years marketing experience
- Excellent judgment and problem-solving skills
- Understanding of the media landscape of the Lower Mainland
- Critical thinking, strong decision making, ability to organize and coordinate multiple projects
- Creative writing skills are a bonus
- Superior MS Office skills (proficiency in MS-Office and MS-Excel) required
- Excellent interpersonal and time management skills
- Strong communication skills both oral and written
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Comfortable working both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment is essential