“A picture is worth a thousand words” – there’s not a better way to describe this position. Exactly what does this entail? We invite you to read on…
At Kabam, we create the world’s favourite massively multiplayer, free-to-play games. More specifically, our Vancouver Studio is the creator of Marvel: Contest of Champions and the upcoming Transformers game. While our dedicated and passionate team is the driver behind the success of our games, it's the close-knit and fun-loving culture that defines our competitive advantage.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Marketing Artist who be part of our growing Product Marketing team. This is a position where you bring artistic idea with effective marketing in mind. You have a strong sense of what will capture people’s attention and convey compelling messages through video creative.
In this role, you can expect to:
- Capture game footage video using Unity and video capture software for social media assets, app store videos, trailers and internal presentations/demos
- Asset creation through:
- Video editing and basic compositing
- Localizing video content for multiple languages (translations will be provided)
- Basic motion graphics and some graphic design for videos
- Exporting to various formats such as various video file types/specs and animated GIFs
Culture and teamwork are something we fight hard to maintain in our team, so willingness to communicate ideas openly, collaborate with other team members, and become an owner to all your tasks is absolutely necessary. Having said that, we are still a fun bunch; your quirkiness will be celebrated, and curious minds will be rewarded here. Our desks are full of gadgets and little figurines we’ve collected over the years, there are random drawings you’ll see in meeting rooms, and you will often see dogs (and humans) running around the cozy home we call the office.
Adding to the ingredient of success, you will bring:
- Robust background in video editing
- Strong eye for composition
- Solid video production skills including FinalCut Pro, Premiere, and AfterEffects
- Experience with rendering in 3D software packages such as MAYA, XSI, 3DMax, Cinema 4D etc.
- Experience with creating graphic elements for videos such as borders, text treatments, etc
- Familiar with current trends in the mobile games industry
- Ability to quickly produce high quality work and meet hard deadlines
- Exceptional communication skills both written and verbal
- Proven track record of collaborating with cross-functional teams
To take it up a notch, we’d like to see you having:
- Experience using Unity
- Passionate about games, particularly mobile