Marketing and Sales Coordinator (English Services) - VAN00757
Job Family: Business Support
Primary Location: Vancouver
Status of Employment: Temporary, Full-time
What it’s like working at CBC/Radio-Canada
At CBC/Radio-Canada, we’re all about creating content that informs, entertains and connects Canadians on multiple platforms and from coast to coast to coast. Want to be part of all this, and think you have the ability and drive to keep pace with this exciting, ever-changing industry? Then we hope you’ll consider this posting, check out our job-listings, and explore the possibilities of working with us. Whether it be in front of the camera, on mic, online or behind the scenes, you would be joining a team that thrives on making the connections and telling the stories that are important to Canadians.
Please note this is a temporary position for one (1) year, with the possibility of extension.
Reporting to the Media Solutions Associate Director of Sales, this position coordinates specialized administrative and clerical tasks to meet the requirements of an individual, unit, department, operation or external client. The activities involved are critical to the success of advertising campaigns and the achievement of CBC revenue objectives. There is latitude for, and an expectation of independent judgment and decision-making within the parameters of established operating procedures. Work involves coordinating the activities of persons outside the unit and/or prioritizing, assigning, checking or approving the work of others within the department.
- Interprets guidelines and provides direction, guidance and/or assistance to administrative support or other staff or suppliers, regarding inventory, client scheduling or creative projects.
- Acts as facilitator to help sales department staff and/or suppliers resolve problems with other internal or external clients or departments. Typically these efforts would lead to the establishment of priorities and deadlines or the successful execution of creative campaigns.
- Identifies conflicts, issues and concerns, proposes solutions and implements them, after consulting with appropriate areas to avoid any negative impact.
- Examines proposed marketing strategies or sales initiatives and provides feedback and recommendations regarding any changes to format, process or resource requirement which would improve their chances of success.
- Post secondary degree/diploma with an emphasis on business or marketing and/or equivalent experience.
- Five years of relevant experience that demonstrates a knowledge and understanding of marketing and sales in the context of the broadcasting industry.
- Strong computer skills (Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
- Excellent communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to build and maintain client relationships.
- Ability to demonstrate sound judgement and decision-making skills.
Candidates may be subject to skills and knowledge testing.
CBC/Radio-Canada is committed to being a leader in reflecting our country’s diversity. That’s because we can only create and tell the stories that connect Canadians, by having a workforce that mirrors the ever-changing makeup of our country. That’s why we, as an employer, value equal opportunity and nurture an inclusive workplace where our individual differences are not only recognized and valued, but also extend to and pervade all the services we provide as Canada’s public broadcaster. For more information, visit the Talent and Diversity section of our website. If you have accommodation needs at this stage of the recruitment process, please inform us as soon as possible by sending an e-mail to email@example.com
If this sounds interesting, please apply online! We thank all applicants for their interest, but only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.