Reporting to the Senior Manager, Customer Communications, this position
is responsible to provide leadership in the effective development and execution of marketing and customer communications, creative strategies and the effective management of the company brand.
Provide leadership in the effective development and execution of marketing and customer
communications including television, radio, displays, print advertising and collateral; translate
marketing strategies into marketing communications strategies and ensure alignment to corporate and marketing objectives.
Develop creative strategies and provide strategic communications advice; help to
develop social media strategy to support Brand awareness and maintain quality of communication strategies, media buys and service delivery. Provide communication expertise; translate business needs and develop communication plans.
Provide leadership in the management of the company brand as an asset through the provision of visual aspects of the brand across all media; influence corporate behaviour and integrate message and creative look around key customer touch points. Work with the lead designer to maintain brand guidelines and word marks; ensure adherence to brand guidelines with internal marketers and external agencies.
Establish and maintain effective working relationships with external agencies; provide
recommendations regarding optimal media mix for achieving marketing objective and ensure the coordination of communications across different media requirements are complementary and timely. Liaise with external design, writing and production vendors; complete vendor evaluations as needed. Liaise with agency of record on a daily basis; oversee the quality of product/s delivered.
Provide leadership and direction to staff utilizing effective management techniques; maintain the quality of creative ideas, design, copywriting, proofing and editing activities and graphics production and related processes and procedures to ensure accurate and timely delivery of all communications. Coordinate and delegate work assignments to meet operational demands and stakeholder needs. Oversee the development and coordination of project requirements including timelines and resources.
Initiate opportunities to research, analyze, propose and champion new and improved ways of
communicating messages, brand value and customer loyalty. Develop and maintain budgets; ensure expenditures are both effective and efficient.
Education and Experience:
Bachelors' Degree in Marketing, Communications or similar program plus a minimum 4-7 years of corporate/brand marketing experience; or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Demonstrated ability and proven track record with managing both people and multiple projects
- Knowledge of organizational goals and external operating environment
- Knowledge of public affairs strategy and internal/external communication objectives
- Project management skills
- Time management skills
- Print and electronic production and materials delivery skills
- Presentation and interpersonal skills
- Negotiation skills
- Demonstrated ability to provide leadership and motivation to staff
- Demonstrated ability to develop creative strategies, initiate/champion projects, marshal resources, obtain buy-in and drive projects to successful completion
- Demonstrated ability to gauge project duration, deliver on deadline, within budget, and manage a high volume workload
- Demonstrated ability to apply quantitative and qualitative research skills in development of effective and efficient marketing communications programs
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing including the ability to write and edit marketing materials
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively both independently and as a member of a team
- Intermediate level of proficiency with MS Office suite of applications