Consider yourself a pro at marketing strategy and thinking outside the box? Do you pride yourself on delivering exceptional results, outdoing yourself with each challenge? Do you thrive on working in a team environment as well as working directly with clients, developing positive and collaborative relationships? If so, we want to hear from you.
BCIT's Marketing and Communications department is currently seeking a regular, full-time Marketing and Communications Strategist to join our dynamic team of strategic and creative professionals.
The successful candidate will report to the Marketing Manager and is responsible for the development of marketing strategies and the development and implementation of institutional marketing products and services.
Exceptional marketing is a result of strategic planning and creative solutions, savvy project management, and the insight to know when to bring in the talent to execute on this vision. This position works closely with our team of in-house talent, including designers, photographers, videographers, and social media strategists, in addition to working with BCIT’s external agency partners. The Marketing and Communications Strategist also maintains a client service role with various stakeholders within BCIT.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides direction and influences stakeholders on marketing concepts, processes, various advertising strategies and/or innovative marketing techniques that can be utilized to promote and attract attention in a competitive marketplace. This may include referring stakeholders to advanced levels of expertise that provide specialized support.
- Makes recommendations and provides solutions that shape the development and successful implementation of marketing strategies and tactics, for a variety of stakeholders that contributes to developing BCIT's polytechnic brand.
- Leads the development and implementation of annual strategic marketing plans for their assigned stakeholders.
- With the in-house team, works on deliverables related to institute marketing and communications, including internal and external campaigns, videos, flagship publications, brochures, posters, programs, etc.
- Conducts interviews with stakeholders and external influencers (e.g. prospective students) to support and/or enhance the marketing and communication planning activities and initiatives.
- Supports and participates in the coordination of major BCIT initiatives such as Convocation, BCIT Big Info Sessions, institute Viewbook, etc.
- Performs other duties, consistent with the grade of the job.
BENEFITS OF WORKING AT BCIT:
- Being a part of BC's Top 100 Employers, and a member of the CCDI.
- A generous Total Compensation package which includes extended health and dental benefits and a pension plan.
- Access to Professional Development Funds and opportunities for career development.
- Increase your knowledge with Tuition waivers for BCIT courses.
- Enjoy subsidized parking and discounted access to our fitness facilities (including classes like Yoga and Zumba).
- Additional Wellness and Employee Assistance programs.
- Completion of a two-year diploma specializing in marketing and/or communication plus current formal training and courses in digital marketing, technical and marketing writing, and some HTML.
- Two years of general experience plus four years of practical current experience in a similar position.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Stellar project management skills are required.
- Client service experience within an agency setting and/or experience in youth marketing.
- Must be a team player who possesses superb analytical, organizational, and facilitation skills.
- Must have excellent oral, written, and presentation skills.
- Proven ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships by exercising tact and diplomacy while maintaining the highest levels of customer service.
- Demonstrated ability to work under pressure, meet tight deadlines and effectively handle changing priorities.
*Please note: These are the minimum required qualifications. This position is a dayshift position as defined in Article 14.1 of the Collective Agreement.
June 26, 2019
Pay Grade 9; $54,595 with yearly increments to $59,311 per annum.
June 8, 2019
June 22, 2019
BCIT offers a competitive salary, generous benefits package and promotes an inclusive workplace. BCIT is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority.
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Only successful candidates will be required to have transcripts submitted directly to BCIT’s Human Resources Department directly from granting institution at the time of reference checks. If applicable, successful candidates will be responsible for the completion of international credential evaluations. All appointments will be conditional until receipt of verified credentials.