Nerd Corps Entertainment, established in 2002, is a DHX Media company, boasting a diverse portfolio of award-winning original properties such as Slugterra, League of Super Evil, Storm Hawks and Rated A for Awesome. With six shows in production, there is always a genre or character to keep you interested and challenged. But we’re more than just an animation studio. Our 400 creatives build stories, worlds, and experiences for kids that cut across platforms from television to online, games, toys, mobile—wherever kids are spending time. We handle all stages of our process in-house, from the IP creation and development to post-production, finance, sales and distribution, licensing and consumer products, and interactive development, making us a rarity in the industry. Our studio near Vancouver’s trendy Commercial Drive is a vibrant mixture of rookies and veterans, where those fresh out of college can continue learning from mid-career and senior artists, and where every level of experience can make the most of their talent on some of the best kids shows and games in the world.
Leo, Gemini, Emmy…been there, won that.
Come work for an award-winning studio and make cartoons, not war.
About the Position
Nerd Corps has just joined the DHX Media family, and we’re looking for one rock star marketing and communications manager to join our team! Bored of the usual corporate schtick? Come work with a fun, creative community of artists who produce award-winning work daily, and learn just how fun a workplace can be! As the studio marketing and communications manager, you will be responsible for branding and building one of the biggest and best production studios in the children’s entertainment field today.
- Work with the director of marketing to manage and execute studio branding, including material production and rollout
- Work with director of marketing, HR, recruiting and corporate communications teams to build the studio brand in local, national and international communities through multiple tactics such as PR, social media, advertising and events
- Provide internal communications support to all studio locations across Canada
- Manage and execute weekly e-newsletters for all staff—build editorial calendars, write and edit article content, work with executives to craft messages to staff, create e-newsletter and distribute to staff
- Develop content for both internal and external websites for studios
- Writing tasks such as press releases, overviews, presentations
- Work with director of marketing, HR and recruiting to produce collateral and provide event management support for recruiting fairs and events
- Manage award submissions for all five studios
- Manage DHX Media’s reputation in the online space including social media channels
- Provide overflow coordination support to the rest of the marketing team as needed
- Work with multiple members and teams across the organization and at all levels
- Degree in Marketing, Communications or related field
- 4+ years experience in a marketing and communications role, preferably at a major commercial media, entertainment or creative brand or interactive agency, primarily targeted to the children’s demographic
- Strong writing and editing skills
- Demonstrated ability to manage up, down and across teams, and work with multiple stakeholders in a complex environment
- Ability to craft and target content for multiple audiences
- Excellent coordination and project management skills
- A hands on approach that can handle a variety of tasks big or small
- Ability to work independently but also collaborate in a team environment
- Proven ability to build strong working relationships, both internal and external
- Highly organized with an ability to multitask and great attention to detail
- Thrive in a high pressure, deadline-oriented environment
- Knowledge of the Canadian animation or children’s entertainment industry and its players an asset