Are you passionate about promoting an important cause, understand the value of strategic communications and dedicated to advancing a strong brand?
Currently there is an opening at the Alzheimer Society of B.C. for a Marketing & Communications Coordinator to help raise awareness about the disease, increase the profile of the Society as a go-to resource, and promote a strong brand.
The position offers an opportunity to promote an emerging cause and take on an integral role in the implementation of local, provincial, and national marketing and communications initiatives. The successful candidate will drive implementation of communications initiatives through an integrated approach consisting of print, web and social media, media relations, event marketing and intranet channels.
Reporting directly to the Director, Marketing & Communications, the Coordinator is a member of a small and dynamic team at the Society that works closely with departments across the organization. The Marketing & Communications Coordinator is suitable for a candidate:
- currently in an agency or in-house marketing and communications role with minimum three years experience implementing projects/campaigns
- possessing extensive writing and editing experience (please provide samples)
- experienced in liaising with media from story pitching to coordinating interviews
- versed in technical knowledge of production for print, graphic and online materials
- who is a consummate professional and dedicated team player with a positive attitude
- exceptionally organized and able to effectively and efficiently implement multiple projects/campaigns
The Alzheimer Society of B.C. is a trusted non-profit organization that delivers a province-wide network of support services and education, advocates to improve dementia care in B.C. and raises money to fund support for families impacted by dementia and research to find the causes and cures for Alzheimer’s disease and other dementias.