Eventsage is a funded Vancouver eCommerce start-up company. We're creating a world-class site that will be the first and only place people go to share, create, plan and execute their meetings and events. It is easy-to-use, broadly accessible, fun, efficient and will inspire! There currently is no site that offers the perfect combination of idea sharing, sourcing and event planning tools. We are changing the business of how people plan events globally!
We are seeking an entrepreneurial, business savvy, creative Marketing and Communication Specialist. The ideal candidate has a passion for co-developing and implementing a strategic marketing plan that aligns with all aspects of our business model. As part of a small, highly-skilled and movtivated team, you will have the opportunity to shape and enhance Eventsage.
If you are an ambitious, energetic person, with the ability to drive and influence business, and really enjoy collaborating with like-minded people, then come join us on our journey.
- Be responsible for developing and activating our marketing and communication strategy including strategizing on expanding our user base
- Expand our brand awareness
- Initiate contact with, and maintain and grow relationships with our event suppliers
- Manage and maintain our social media presence
- Drive Eventsage's public relations presence by designing, developing, editing and distributing mass communications such as blogs, e-newsletters, press releases, and special mailings to our Users and Suppliers
- Identify and establish relationships with key media contacts and promote opportunities for publicity, news stories and articles
- Assist with our SEO position using various analytics and SEO practices
- Continually innovate and stay current on best practices, initiatives and approaches related to marketing and networking
- Post-secondary education in Business, Marketing, Communications and/or Journalism
- Strong understanding of brand promotion, management and developing corporate awareness
- Exceptional writing, content development and editing skills
- Strong communication skills in spoken and written English
- A superb knowledge of social media sites for business applications
- High proficiency with Microsoft Office and email
You're Choosing Us Because...
- We're a small team of super-skilled, exceptionally creative entrepreneurs
- This is a unique opportunity to get in on the ground floor of a great idea with competitve salary
- There are spontaneous perks and flexible working hours with awesome people
- You've got a great sense of humour and we get it
- It's a startup - you've got hustle and passion