Volvo Financial Services (VFS) is the captive finance arm of the Volvo Group, one of the world’s leading providers of commercial transport solutions. The company provides financial services for the truck, construction equipment, bus, aerospace and marine industries. The primary brands it supports are Volvo Trucks, Volvo Construction Equipment, Mack Truck and Prevost Bus. VFS creates value for Volvo Group customers by providing solutions including customer financing and leasing, dealer financing, and other fee-based products, such as insurance. Financial services are delivered to customers through VFS with Volvo Group dealers, allowing customers to enjoy the benefits of a convenient, and one stop-shop experience.
The Marketing and Communication Specialist, has a key role in the Volvo Group | Financial Services in order to implement commercial strategies and programs for Volvo Construction Equipment (VCE), Volvo Trucks and Mack Trucks that will support both retail and wholesale lending. In addition, this position will be responsible for developing Marketing programs for the 3 channels that drive sustainable volume growth and customer retention and effectively communicating both internally and externally to the market. This position within Volvo Financial Services (VFS) is located in Aurora, Ontario and reports to the National Sales Manager.
- Support the Inside Sales Specialists to ensure deal flow is optimized
- Oversee, own and manage Salesforce.com to include direction of internal usage as well as development of external usage requirements and protocol development and best practice sharing
- The position may require 2-3 business trips per year to Greensboro in order to understand US best practices such as process efficiency and system enhancements, and you will then be responsible to implement in Canada
- Develop programs in a collaborative manner with VCE that will optimize retail price positioning in the marketplace and support market share objectives
- Coordinate finance training strategy and programs for VCE and dealers to improve overall retail sales capability of selling finance products
- Create, administer and track annual Dealer award and customer loyalty programs and any other special recognition programs
- Create promotional, print advertising and point of sale material that increases VFS presence in the marketplace and enhances brand awareness
- Marketing liaison for VFS Canada
- Monitor and track results of all campaigns including cost/benefit analysis
- Support the District Finance Managers in attaining their VFS objectives
- Work closely with DFM’s to develop and promote national and regional sales programs and promotions
- Develop, analyze and report on lost sales by dealer, product type, geography and end use segment
- Develop market requirements and business cases for recommended new product development such as Non-Volvo business
- Development, implementation and use of business intelligence tools to improve business knowledge
- Responsible for internal corporate communication efforts
- Responsible for external Dealer network communications
- Development of best practices and efficiencies within the sales department
- Territory travel will be required for this position as well
Education and experience:
- BA/BS degree in Business or Finance
- 3 to 5 years of experience in construction equipment and truck financing and leasing
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and report on market conditions and plan effective strategies to support strategic objectives
- Experience in designing, documenting and launching new financial products and programs that meet the needs of the end user and provide value to the Volvo product companies
- Extensive OEM and dealer marketing action plans that lead to increased retail volumes
- Team player with high level of integrity with strong customer focus
- Proven strategic and managerial skills in the following areas: business, marketing, sales, commercial equipment leasing/finance, operations and finance
- Strong expertise in credit and financial analysis to include the ability to analyze financial statements and operations
- Proven experience in structuring and negotiating finance transactions
- Strong technical skills in financing capital equipment
- Understands the principles of leasing; tax aspects, cash management, off-balance sheet, and lease versus buy decision making
- Strong expertise in marketing, strategic planning and implementation
- Ability to work autonomously with little direction at times
- Microsoft Office
- Qlikview or other business intelligence tools
- Mail Chimp or other mass email service provider
- Adobe Photoshop
- T-Value or other similar pricing software
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Our culture is how we work together with energy, passion and respect. Employees use their highest levels of professionalism, honour, integrity and respect for our customers and their co-workers. Great opportunities are hard to find, don’t miss this opportunity!
VFS Canada is committed to workplace diversity and inclusion and provides accommodations to applicants with disabilities throughout its hiring process.
The Volvo Group is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of trucks, buses, construction equipment and marine and industrial engines under the leading brands Volvo, Renault Trucks, Mack, UD Trucks, Eicher, SDLG, Terex Trucks, Prevost, Nova Bus, UD Bus, Sunwin Bus and Volvo Penta.
With Volvo Financial Services you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals to provide expert financial services and solutions to customers and dealers in support of the Volvo Group’s sales. We work with passion, we trust each other and we embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.