If you geek out about data and reporting and can’t imagine launching an initiative without a clearly defined goal, come and show us your numbers! We’re looking for a marketing analyst to help us make data-informed decisions about our marketing initiatives.
A Little Bit ABout You:
- Sound Business Sense: You understand dollars and cents as well as how to build business cases and measure ROI.
- Data Analysis Capabilities: While comfortable making recommendations from less than perfect information, you are also intensely curious about what's working and what isn't. You enjoy spending time teasing out stories from data and structuring those stories so everyone can understand them.
- A Teacher's Mentality: You enjoy answering analysis-related questions from your team members and engaging in debates about best practices. You’ll also (politely) challenge them if they ask you to do something that doesn’t make sense.
- A Desire and Capability to Lead: You can take your hard-won business and market understanding, and translate that into strategic and tactical guidance of marketing peers. There are options for this role to have direct reports, but at a minimum you will need to provide strategic and tactical guidance from a data perspective.
- Are a pleasure to work with and possess a get'er done attitude.
- Believe in and strive to live by our Core Values of Generosity, Humility, Transparency, Empowerment, Courage and Delight.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
You will work with the CMO, VP of Marketing, and Director of Campaign Strategy to:
- Kill marketing initiatives that aren't providing positive ROI and NPV
- Double down on marketing initiatives that are killing it
- Ensure major new initiatives are validated from a data and business standpoint before being prioritized
You work with every member of the marketing team to help them track and optimize their marketing efforts.
You will eventually build out a team capable of fulfilling the analysis and data needs of the Unbounce marketing department.
Other Things You Can Do:
- You are an expert data storyteller, and have experience with a set of tools to enable that (dashboards, spreadsheets, Tableau, R, d3, etc)
- You are very comfortable with SQL (we use MySQL, Postgres, and Spark dialects)
- You have a passion for learning and continuous improvement
- You’re great with Google Analytics and KISSmetrics (or other web analytics platform) - bonus points for marketing automation experience!
- You build proven multi-touch attribution models based off art & science!